Since everyone visiting ' Dishin' it Out' today, has general knowledge of the celebration, I thought I'd share my often baked soda bread recipe. I serve the bread warm and search slice is smeared with Irish butter and a dollop of orange marmalade.
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons caraway seeds
1teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Mix flour, caraway seeds, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Mix buttermilk and stir until large minister clumps form.
4. Gather dough into a large ball and lightly flour outside. Place dough into a ball and kneed until dough becomes smooth and hold a together.
5. Roll into a large ball and lightly flour the outside.
6.Place the dough ball in a non-stick baking sheet and shape into a 6-inch diameter ny 2-inch tall mound.
7.Cut a 1-inch deep X across the top, extending the edges.
8. Bake approximately 35 minutes, until bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
9.Remove from the baking sheet and allow to cool completely.
10.Cut into 8 wedges.
This is sooo easy and sooo delish!