Monday, February 22, 2021

Monday Snacks! This Week it's Afternoon Tea by Connie Vines

I adore Afternoon Tea. I love setting the table with my Royal Albert china and presenting all of all the tasty offerings on my small two-tier cake serving plate.

Traditionally (in the UK and former Colonies) Tea is served around 4PM.

I, however, enjoy my meal in place of the standard American lunch. I prepare my sandwiches the night before and wrap them in wax paper and then plastic wrap so they stay fresh.




Afternoon tea is a light meal composed of three course of tea sandwiches and savories, followed by scones with clotted cream and jam, and ending with sweet pastries. Everything is bite-sized and eaten with fingers. Afternoon tea time is around 4PM, between lunch and dinner.


TOP 10 AFTERNOON TEA SANDWICHES REVEALED


Cucumber sandwich


Thank you to everyone who took part in our survey to find the nation's favorite Afternoon Tea sandwich. credit: The AfternoonTea.co.uk


We can now reveal that smoked salmon and cream cheese on granary bread was the top choice.


The poll also revealed that the cucumber sandwich, which is traditionally associated with afternoon tea, was the preferred filling for just 8% of participants.


We asked our customers to name their favorite sandwich combination and a clear winner soon began to emerge. 


Granary bread was the top choice overall, but white bread was still the preferred companion to the cucumber and cream cheese sandwich.


Top 10 Afternoon Tea sandwiches:


1. Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese

2. Egg Mayonnaise & Cress

3. Chicken & Mayonnaise

4. Cucumber & Cream Cheese

5. Cheese & Chutney

6. Ham & Mustard

7. Prawn & Mayonnaise

8. Beef & Horseradish

9. Tuna & Mayonnaise

10. Roasted Vegetables & Cream Cheese 


Since I'm from the USA, this has been a delightful discovery. I began with strawberry sandwiches (see photo) but I've vowed to try each a  sandwich on this list. (Not in one day, of course).

I've also started began following The AfternoonTea.co.uk for more ideas!


Have a Marvelous Monday!

Connie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews