Sunday, January 30, 2022

Poodle Talk Sunday: Treats! By Connie Vines #Poodles, #Poodle Talk, #Life is Better with a Poodle #connievines-author

 


Treats!

This one may not be specific to only poodles, as virtually every dog loves treats. With that being said, poodles seem to tend to be a little more discerning when it comes to their taste buds than a lot of other breeds. 

Why?

Because they love those special treats that you pick up at the pet store or specialty shop for dogs. 

"Run-of-the-mill treats for me?" 

My poodle will poke her nose in the bag, but it's not a winner!

If you have problems while training your dog, it is essential to keep this in mind. 

While I don't bake dog treats, I switch up the selection.

My current poodle is a toy, and she weighs 8 lbs. In her case, she prefers soft treats. I purchase the organic variety, min-training treats, shaped into a tiny bone - which I break into half, so she doesn't swallow it whole.  

I alternate between: Chicken, Salmon, and Duck. Since the Duck flavor is the most prized, those are not doled out too often. πŸ¦†  She usually receives a Salmon treat 🐟when she responds quickly when called or stays in a sit position without creeping forward (Yes, she's wigglier). 

Of course, verbal praise and pets are always appreciated. As is a πŸ” treat or toy my poodle has forgotten about (with a loud squeak).

And of course, my gentle companion is silly, playful and my sweet protector receives hugs and praise 'just because' 🐩!

Happy Poodle Sunday,

Connie

XOXO


Photo Posted on Pinterest




.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews