Friday, April 29, 2022

Featured Author: Helen B. Henderson--Spotlight on #Fire and Amulet-- #dragon Shifter Romance By Connie Vines

 Today's Spotlight Interview is with author Helen B. Henderson.


Welcome to Dishin' It Out!


Helen:  Fire and Amulet is a twist of a dragon shifter romance. Trelleir is an actual dragon whose magic allows him to take on human form. The last of his kind, he longs for companionship. However, his only friend is not only a human female but a slayer. Sworn to kill all dragons, including him.

Summoned by the village council, Deneas is sent on a quest to kill any and all dragons and cannot return without proof of her success. Finding the mythical creature and avoiding its deadly talons and fire are not her only problems. Another slayer follows with orders to kill her. As she retraces her slain mother's footsteps, Deneas learns the world is not what it seems.


Connie: What was the inspiration for this story?

Helen:  I’ve always wanted to fly in the bright blue sky or the star-filled universe. The daughter of an airline flight engineer, I learned my numbers and letters, helping update manuals and reading the instrument panel of an old Constellation. As a child lying in the grass of our New Jersey farm, I would identify airplanes from their silhouette or tail logo and watch clouds drift across the sky. At one time, I studied aviation and considered a career as a pilot, so it is not surprising that I’ve written several works that feature creatures who play tag with the clouds. The latest tale to take to the skies is Fire and Amulet.


Connie: Do you have a favorite paragraph/line of dialogue in this novel?

Helen: One of the lighter moments involves Deneas’ summons before the village council. She is exercising in the garden when the town bully struts up and demands she accompany him. He threatens to forcibly carry her, to which Deneas offers the equivalent of “make me.” Karst’s response follows.


Connie: Is there anything else you'd like to share with our readers?

Helen:  A few thoughts about me and my writing. 

My writing crosses genres and reflects the contrasts between my heritage and that of my Gemini sign. I describe myself as a tour guide to the stars, the Old West, and worlds of imagination. Yes, I travel in time, at least via research, re-enactments, and archaeological digs.

I love to hang out with mages, ride magical equines, and fly with dragons.

A final thought. I love to hear from readers. If you choose to write to me at helenhenderson.author@gmail.com, please put the title of one of my books in the subject line, so I’ll know you’re not sending spam.

I hope readers will consider Fire and Amulet. More of my works, including the Windmaster Novels, can be found on my website below.

Thank you for having me.


It was my pleasure.  

Helen, Thank you for sharing your newest release with us!


Find Sales Sites for Fire and Amulet at Books2Read https://books2read.com/fire-and-amulet/ 


Find Helen online at:

Website:  https://helenhenderson-author.blogspot.com

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/HelenHenderson.author

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/history2write

Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/777491.Helen_Henderson

Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Helen-Henderson/e/B001HPM2XK


Happy Reading, Everyone!

Connie

XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews