Friday, November 19, 2010

Welcome, C.K. Volnek, a thankful new Muse Author

Life’s Little Pleasures

Thanksgiving. I know it is an American holiday, but I think it’s a day one can appreciate worldwide. To me, it always conjures up a picture-perfect dinner. Turkey. Mashed potatoes and gravy. Dressing. Cranberry sauce. Pumpkin Pie. Watch out... I’m already drooling. I can see the table, filled with food, and around it, my family. I love my family. I can’t imagine life without them. Children, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, parents... I can’t help but chuckle as I recall one Thanksgiving when my brother-in-law dropped a large spoon-full of peas on the floor and tried to kick and hide them under the table ... except the video-camera caught everything on tape. Busted!

But as we celebrate Thanksgiving, it reminds me I have so much to be thankful for. I have been blessed. For all the things I have – life, love, freedom, and faith... Yes, mighty big things to be thankful for. But I also have many little things to be thankful for; so many of life’s little pleasures. I’m so thankful for...

... toilet paper. You don’t appreciate it until you’ve been somewhere where you don’t have any.

... water. As I sip from my glass, I am reminded how I take my abundance of clean water for granted.

... a warm coat. As the temperatures begin to dip and the threat of snow lingers, I’m ever more thankful for a warm coat to wear.

...a comfortable bed. As one of many with back and neck issues, I can attest to the difference a good bed can make in the quality of life.

... my hands. I was asked on an author interview once what I would do if I didn’t have the use of my hands. That would be a most difficult loss for me and I pray I never have to experience it.

... the past. Without my past, good and bad, I wouldn’t be the person I am today.

...the smiles of family and friends. My days would be so dark and dreary except for those warm and sunny greetings.

... an embracing hug. Nothing can warm my heart more than feeling arms surround me in love and support.

These are just a few of my little pleasures, and though they are little, I know my life would never be complete without them. I pray for you all to have a most blessed and happy Thanksgiving. May your cup never run dry and the toilet paper be abundant.

You can read more about my upcoming releases on my website.


C.K. Volnek

5 comments:

  1. Loved the blog today, especially the part about the toilet paper. That is so true. I also agree that giving thanks should be worldwide. Thanks for blogging C.K. and HI Ms. Ginger! I hope you both have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Val
    lastnerve2000@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being thankful for events that can not be explained is great...but to know to be thankful for everyday things...that is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely feel good blog, Ginger. Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends too - although I will never understand the passion for mashed potatoes and gravy [Yeuck]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for having me on your blog today, Ginger. It was a joy to celebrate some of Life's Little Pleasures. Thanks to Val, Anita and my Anonymous friend. Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

    C.K. Volnek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, C.K.

    What a wonderful post, and how true. There are so many things we take for granted, never thinking to stop and be thankful for just the everyday conveniences we have.

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews