Sunday, May 10, 2015

Sunday Snippets with Ginger Simpson #Sundaysnips

I'm sorry I'm late in getting this up, but this week has been hectic with unpacking moving boxes ad naseum, and trying to get settled. I've still got a long way to go, but I just realized I hadn't scheduled my post...so here are six paragraphs from my WIP - Deceived.  This is the follow-up to Betrayed, which is based on a true story.

“I’ll have the ribeye, medium well, with a baked potato and salad with ranch.”  Cassie closed her menu and smiled up at the waitress.

“I’ll have the same, but make my steak rare.”  Will’s gaze didn’t leave Cassie’s face.

The waitress walked away with a promise to return with their salads and bread.  Cassie’s stomach rumbled.  She hadn’t eaten all day and recollections of the plump yeast rolls from Huckleberry’s made her mouth water.  Will’s constant assessment of her made her uneasy and she glanced around the filled restaurant, noting the myriad of diverse patrons rather than maintain eye contact with him.

“You are so beautiful.”  His voice pulled her attention back to him.

“Oh, please.  I have mirrors in my house.  You know what ‘they’ say about the old gray mare?”

“Okay, then let me rephrase that.  I think you’re beautiful.”

Now "hop" on over to the following blogs and see what surprises are in store for you there:

http://www.jamiehill.biz/ (Jamie Hill)


Oh, and Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews