Tuesday, March 23, 2021

It's National Puppy Day! by Connie Vines #National Puppy Day

Prepare yourselves for an overdose of cuteness, because March 23 is National Puppy Day! Established in 2006, National Puppy Day is a paw-some day for all dog enthusiasts to celebrate unconditional love and fawn over the undeniably cute fur-balls that bring so much happiness into this world. While we’re all softies when it comes to our four-legged friends, today is also designed to raise awareness about puppy mills and help prospective pet owners consider adoption.

Their cuddles and wiggles make us smile and without a doubt, there are squeals of delight when there are puppies around!

We must remember: Puppies are a big responsibility. Be sure to consider everything involved and adopt from a shelter. The puppies there need love and a home just as much as any other and they grow into loyal pets, too!

According to the ASPCA, approximately 3.3 million dogs enter shelters every year. Some of these dogs come with litters of puppies. If you’re seeking a puppy to start your furry family, check the shelters first. When these abandoned and abused animals find their way to a shelter, each one needs a forever home and their potential is limitless.

Personal note: 

I have always welcomed my pups into my life.  My first, very own puppy, was a pedigreed miniature poodle I name Jacques. My father was on on shore-duty during my 12th birthday. I recall the drive to Fallbrook, CA to an AKC approved breeder. It didn't take long until  I fell in love with the black curly-haired-bundles of wiggles.  With in moments, we were 'best-friends'. 


Since Jacques passing, I have adopted (and adored) an abandoned greyhound who lived until she was 14; chiweenie (a little fire-ball) who lived until he was 12.; followed by my current pups:  A rehomed KC Spaniel/Poodle toy-mix (always by my side) and a shelter pup. I adopted the 1 year-old Westie Highland Terrier on my birthday last year. He's  vocal and spunky but allows my 7 lb. KC Spaniel/Poodle tattle on his mischievous behaviors (pen-stealing, for one). 

It goes without saying that when you adopt a rescue pet, you’re saving a life—but you’re actually saving more than one. By adopting, you’re helping make space for another animal in need and helping to give them the opportunity to become beloved pets. 



HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalPuppyDay
Use #NationalPuppyDay and post photos of your puppy on social media.

Go to the dog park and let your puppy play.

Pick up a special treat for your puppy.

Go for a walk with your young friend.












Wishing you a day filled with paw-prints, cold-noses, and puppy-kisses!

Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews