Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Connie's Tuesday Kitchen: Potato and Beer Soup #Connie's Tuesday Kitchen, #Potato and Beer Soup, #I Love Soup, #BWLAuthorBlog

Potato and Beer Soup



Combine 2 cups of the chicken stock and one-third of the potatoes in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer until fork-tender, 15 to 18 minutes and then blend to a smooth puree using an immersion or regular blender. 

I always make soup with what's in my freezer or leftovers.

I freeze bacon/ham etc.

I utilize my slow cooker and Insta Pot when possible.

That said, I toss the above into my slow cooker and add:



Ingredients

4 cups chicken stock (I prefer low-salt/no salt)

3 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 cups) 

2 bay leaves

8 ounces sliced smoked bacon or ham or both

2 carrots, 1/2-inch dice (about 1 cup);  or petite frozen corn

Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

1 small bundle of fresh thyme, tied together with kitchen twine or dried if desired

1 onion, green top trimmed, 1/2-inch dice (about 1 cup), or diced yellow onion to taste

1 cup/ 8 oz can of light beer (I prefer Coors) the final 30 minutes (the alcohol burns off, so it's okay for children to consume). 

Optional: Shredded Cheddar Cheese or Pepper Jack Cheese added to the soup after being labeled into serving bowls, stir and top with crumbled bacon if desired.

I serve with a salad and thick, crusty bread.

A filling and comforting meal for lunch or dinner.



Do you enjoy my Tuesday Kitchen recipes?  

All of my novels have recipes at the end of the story.

My latest novel, Gumbo Ya Ya, has a family recipe for Humming Bird Cake! (plus many more).



Enjoy!

Connie 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews