Thursday, January 20, 2022

Book Review: The 5 Love Languages Author Gary Chapman By Connie Vines #The 5 Love Languages #Gary Chapman #Book Reviews

 Last night I read "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman.

Yes, I'm aware the first publication was in 1992.

I've had the book in my 'will-read-next' stack of books, sitting on top of my non-fiction bookcase for the past year (or so).

What prompted me to snag it from the center of the teetering stack? 


I was watching a rerun of Blue Bloods, and guess what, Jaime and Eddie were arguing about love languages. I took it as a sign and read the book!

Review: 5-Stars

(and also a way to create/resolve conflict in a romance novel, I'd like to mention.)

What was my take-a-way?

The book doesn't play the blame game.  

I skimmed through the 'personal' stories, because listening to other people's woes, just isn't my thing.

My main take-a-way?

If you have trouble deciding your personal love language, there is a reason:

Your 'love tank' has always been full, or it has been empty for soo long.

Swell, I was one of the 'clueless' people.

I took the test.

The highest score in one area was a 12.

I scored an 8 in two areas.  Which sounds right.  (In the areas I thought? No...but, after contemplation, I realized it is accurate).

5 love languages

You will need to purchase the book/borrow it from your local library to take the quiz.

My scores? I scored a tie: Words of Affirmation and Quality Time.

I thought it was: Receiving Gifts. Why? Because people are always giving me little things. And, as the eldest of 5 children, chaos ruled.  

Yes, I still like gifts. But I realized it was the 'time I spent with that person which was what was really important to me--I accepted the physical gift because it was expected of me.


Thank you for stopping by,

Connie

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews