Friday, January 21, 2022

Spotlight: Yvonne Rediger, Featured Author Interview By Connie Vines #AuthorInterview, #CozyMystery, #BWLPublishing,

 Today's featured guest is Yvonne Rediger

Thank you for stopping by today. Please tell our readers about your current release.πŸ˜ƒ

Yvonne.Thank you, Connie, for allowing me to be a guest on your blog. I’m excited to share Condo Crazy, my newest cozy mystery with you, book 3 in the Musgrave Landing Mysteries published by BWL Publishing Inc.


Connie: 
What was the inspiration for Condo Crazy? 
Yvonne:  Condo Crazy was a work inspired by my sister and the crazy things that happened in her condo building. She was great about letting me weave her adventures into a story. I like to add humor to my stories and Condo Crazy has some funny things happen along with a few mysteries to solve. 

Connie: Yvonne what would you like to see more/less of in the mystery genre? 

Yvonne: For me, I think every mystery should have a good solid mystery right up front and center. I want to solve the puzzle. I’m fine with a light romance unfolding along the way, but the mystery is the star of the show. πŸ•΅❓


Connie:  What, in your opinion, makes a good mystery writer? πŸ–‹πŸ’»πŸ“š
Yvonne:  A writer should transport the reader into the main character’s world. There should be familiar anchor points, like pets–Gladys has a white Persian–and family. Maisy, Gladys’ granddaughter is visiting. There should be unexpected things as well, and Arlie Birch supplies that aspect, as do Gladys’s neighbors. There is never a dull moment in that condo building.

March 2022 Release
Connie: Do you have a favorite line/paragraph of dialogue in this novel? 

Yvonne: Yes. Here is my excerpt:

Arlie stepped back from Gladys’ car and closed the heavy tailgate of the station wagon. His hand paused on the chrome door handle. For a moment he looked at the station wagon with a pensive frown. "I keep meaning to ask, wasn't this Earl Moffatt's old hearse?"

Gladys knew what Arlie was doing. He was trying to distract her from thinking about being robbed, and she could have hugged him for the effort, so she played along. "Yes, I got it at a good price. The rollers make moving the bread racks so much easier." She patted the side of the car, now Gladys’ bakery delivery vehicle. thought


Connie:: If you were forced to live the rest of your life as one of your characters, who would it be?  

Yvonne:   Gladys Wyatt was easy to write, if I were forced to live the rest of my life as one of my characters, I’d swap places with her. My husband and I used to live on Vancouver Island and I’ve been to Musgrave Landing, although the ‘real’ place is only a dock and a collection of a dozen houses.  When we lived in British Columbia, for a time we lived in a couple of different marinas. First on sailboats then later on, in a floating home. We also kayak and scuba dive. I used some of this for Gladys’ character background. She lives across the road from the marina.🎣🐟🐠

Connie:  Do any of your characters share your hobbies/interests? 

Yvonne: I also love cooking and baking, so food features a lot in my stories. There’s nothing better than curling up with a cup of tea and some home baking or a glass of wine and something savory in front of the fire in winter. love reading, πŸŽ‚πŸͺ🍷


Connie: Is there anything else you'd like to share with our readers today?
Yvonne.: As I finished up this novel, I realized I still have one or two more adventures for Gladys and Arlie. There may be follow-up books in this series since new ideas keep popping into my head.


Connie:: Yvonne. thank you for visiting "Dishn' It Out Blog" today. 
I've enjoyed our visit, and I'm confident our readers welcomed a look into your writing life! 

Condo Crazy – Release Date March 6, 2022, from BWL Publishing Inc.

Welcome back to Musgrave Landing.

 Blurb:

Gladys Wyatt is busy with her home bakery business. She needs to keep up with the expenses on her new condo. It would help if Linda would stop flooding the place. Freddie isn’t much bothered by the damage Linda causes. He is more caught up in defending his medical plants from Lara Finkle, the one-time mistress of the late embezzler mayor. How can she afford a unit in the new building anyway? Arlie Birch thinks he knows, but not everyone agrees.

 It would also be great if Enid, the building manager, and Dwayne, the condo board president, would stop coming up with new bylaws that threaten Gladys’ bakery business. This makes the condo board meetings quite contentious.

When Gladys is accused by Ann Westcott of hanging prank banners on the water facility build, is it possible the pranks could be related to the thief plaguing the village? Gladys suspects it was the thief who injured Matthew's dog.

 Gladys is shocked to find a body, half outside of the garage. Could the thief also be responsible for the murder? She reminds her granddaughter to keep the condo doors locked, but will that be enough?

    

Readers remember this is book 3 of her series. You may wish to order books 1 and 2!



Please visit these links to learn more about Yvonne Rediger, and purchase her mystery novels: 
  
Website: http://blackyvy50.wix.com/yvonnerediger (All book links can be found here)
Twitter: @blackyvy
Instagram: @blackyvy50


Thanks for stopping by, everyone!

Connie

XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews