Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This broccoli cheddar soup is one of my favorite soups and the best easy recipe soup for all of us counting calories or points! 😋
2 cups Broccoli diced (small)
8 tbsp Butter
16 oz Cheddar Cheese shredded or grated
½ cup Onion diced
½ cup Celery diced
3 cup Chicken Broth optional
1 cup Cream (heavy whipped cream)
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Black Pepper powder
3-4 cloves Garlic minced or finely chopped
½ tbsp Paprika Powder optional
1 tbsp Cornflour
1..Wash the broccoli under water and cut it into small pieces, separating the florets from the stalks. You can be chopped roughly the stalks if you want.
2 Heat the pan or put the saucepan with butter on a medium flame. If you put the flame on high, your butter will burn.
3. Add chopped onion and fry this well. When you see the onion turns light brown, then add salt, pepper, and garlic, and saute them a little until you get a nice flavor from it.
4. Then add the chopped broccoli and stir gently until this broccoli is soft and light green. Sprinkle cornflour on top of butter and onion.
5. Add chicken broth or water. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes with the lid on the pot.
Optional: sprinkle with paprika, combine well and cook for another minute.
6. Let the mixture come to a boil and then simmer for a few minutes. Combine well and add more pepper and salt if necessary. If the soup is too thick, you can add some water or broth.
7. Set the temperature to medium. Add the cream and cheese, whisking gently. Cook until the cheese is melted perfectly.
8. Serve hot and garnished with shredded cheddar cheese or green broccoli.
We all love leftovers!
After the soup has cooled to room temperature, transfer it to an airtight container or jar.
Keep the soup in the fridge and you can store it for about 3-4 days.
Q and A:
Q. Can Broccoli Cheese Soup be frozen?
A. Yes. Cooled soup can be ladled into plastic containers or resealable plastic bags and frozen for up to 6 months.
Q. What do you serve with broccoli soup?
A. Broccoli soup cheese is so delicious and heavy. So light, salad, vinegar-based side dish great to serve well, like salad or coleslaw-based side dish.
" Soup is the song of the hearth and the home."