Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Secrets and Sacrifices by Diane Wylie

I would like to thank Ginger for inviting me here today to share this wonderful blogging experience with everyone. I love to blog and read blogs!

Just a brief thing about me, then on to the real stuff, the books. I am a technical writer by day, which means I write real boring stuff all day long. I write my romance novels at night and on the weekends...and I love it! I have had so much fun since my first book came out in 2005. Historicals are my favorite. So, without further ado. Here is my offering.

~Diane


Secrets and Sacrifices by Diane Wylie
Civil War Romance
Vintage Romance Publishing
Copyright Diane Wylie
Now, as Daniel gazed at the forbidding structure of Fort Delaware, he was filled with depression and fear, the likes of which he had never known. He had heard the whispered rumors of the cruelty inflicted on the prisoners who entered the massive stone fort with its high, thick, granite walls.

Would he ever see Charlie or his family again? So many men had died in this damnable war and, if the battles didn’t kill them, living in this huge hellhole surely would.

“Daniel!” a female voice called urgently. “Daniel Reid, is that you? Dear God!”

Tearing his eyes away from the spectacle of fear looming out across the river, he turned wearily to see who had called his name.

Standing a few yards away was a group of fashionably dressed young ladies, looking like beautiful bright butterflies. They huddled together clutching each other’s arms, staring at the dirty, tattered Confederate prisoners chained together. Their hands were full of packages they had obviously purchased at the little shops clustered near the wharf.

“Stay back, ladies!” one of the Yankee guards called, “You don’t want to get their vermin on you!”

A golden-haired girl shook off her companions and stepped closer.

“Nora!” Daniel cried hoarsely.

She took a few hesitant steps toward him.

“No, don’t go over there, Nora! They’re filthy beasts!” another girl called anxiously.Turning, Nora cried, “But Mary, it’s my brother!”
0-9785368-5-1-Secrets and Sacrifices
Published by Vintage Romance Publishing

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ginger!

    Just dropping by to say hello and to check out your blog!

    Destiny
    www.myspace.com/destinyblaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not quite awake enough to get my brain in gear but I just wanted to say, I've been a fan of yours since My Enemy, My Love.

    Secrets and Sacrifices is one I've still got to get. Just wanted to let you know that Ginger actually told me that she was reading this and it was one that I had to get.

    After a shower and breakfast, I'll be back to see what a great day this is going to be. I love the excerpts and whole concept of this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased this book and read it. I highly recommend it. Diane brings the civil war to life with great descriptions, emotions and a few surprises. Don't miss this one!

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jean, Peggy, and Ginger. I love the historicals too, as you can probably guess. Ginger wrote a great review of Secrets and Sacrifices on Amazon for me. What a pal!

    I wish I could write humor like Ginger does, though. It is a talent that few people have!

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews