Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rerun of Contest Information


The prize for the contest won't be along in a few days, instead the winner will actually have to wait until Sparta Rose has been released in trade paperback. The very first autographed copy is being offered as the prize for the person who enters and WINS this writing challenge. PLEASE POST YOUR ENTRY AS A COMMENT.

I absolutely love Reader's Digest, especially their "Word Power" section. So, in honor of St. Patrick's day, I'm borrowing their 'green speak' list and asking you to write a short story using each word once and correctly. For example:

Janey searched for a shamrock on which to wish. Her mother made her boycott the local shop where she could easily buy one encased in plastic, but the owner, in his thick brogue</span>, had offended her mum when she accidentally dropped a vase and broke it into smithereens.

The words are:

Shamrock
boycott
brogue
smithereens
shillelagh
banshee
colleen
donnybrook
keen
blarney
twig
shebeen
boxty
macushla
drumlin

I'm asking a few fellow authors to help me judge and the winner will be announced on St. Patrick's Day here on my blog with their story featured. So, get busy.

Ginger

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the blog writing award! After visiting, I certainly see why! I'll be back soon!

    Destiny :))

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews