Sunday, February 17, 2008

Makes Me Wonder...

Not to gross you out, but since I've been sick, I've been spending a lot of 'sitting' time in the bathroom. My husband keeps his hot rod magazines in there and I found myself becoming highly irritated at how society caters to men. Can a man not look at a car without having a scantily-clad woman stretched across it? Does he really have to have a bimbo in a bikini holding up a 'moon' hubcap to be able to focus?

Think about it. Even on The Price is Right, some slender, shapely, gal with exposed cleavage has to point to the prizes. I doubt she's doing it for my benefit, as she bats her eyelashes and assumes a haughty pose.

Vanna White, on the Wheel of Fortune, struts from letter to letter in her designer gowns and flashes her pearly whites and uplifted boobs. Why? Would a man not be able to see giant alphabet letters without her? It's actually disgusting.

Ladies, how many times can you remember seeing a studly-looking guy point something out for your benefit? The game shows don't have half-naked men lounging on a car hood or pointing to a BBQ. But we don't need it. Thank goodness, we can see what's right in front of our eyes. Egads... I shudder to think of Alex Trebek with his shirt unbuttoned to the waist, showing a mat of gray-hair, while he licks his lips and reads the Jeopardy topics.

But back to the reading material that got me on this topic. It's only gotten worse in magazines. Now there's a new generation of car people... the 'old skool' look. Now the women aren't just flaunting their wares...they're covered in tatoos and look like a throw-back to the forties. What 'old shool' was that allowed in? Not mine, I can guarantee it. I don't even think I knew a tattooed guy, let alone a gal. Nothing like a dragon covering your back, arms and shoulders to show your feminine side. I pass.

2 comments:

Rayne Forrest said...

I must confess that if a scantily clad Gerry Butler tried to sell me, oh, say, anything, I'd at least keep the ad. I'm shallow that way :)

I love your blog, Ginger. You're spot on with things.

Kim Smith said...

ugh! alex t bare-chested???? excuse, i must rush to have some of my own sitting time!
kim

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Manic Readers

Manic Readers

She Writes

Historical Fiction Books

Readers and Writers of Distinctive Fiction