Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Introducing Pamela S Thibodeaux, Author of "Inspirational with an Edge!"

I've always been an avid reader, from Dr. Seuss before school age, to Walter Farley's "Black Stallion" series as a preteen, then on to romance where I found my passion. Mainstream, contemporary, historical...it did not matter. If it was a romance, I read it! They say 'don't judge a book by its cover' but I refused to listen....if it looked good, I read it.

One day while pregnant with my daughter I flung the book I currently attempted to devour in disgust and muttered, "I can do better than that!" I'm still not sure if the book was really that bad or if I merely had a hormonal moment, but thus began my writing journey.

That incident occurred more than twenty-five years ago and I must say I, as an author as well as a human being, have evolved a great deal in a quarter of a century.

Oh boy, doesn't that make me sound old LOL!!

For years I was a closet writer who wrote in 5-subject notebooks, shy and afraid of what people would think. I had no idea that there were rules to writing or anything similar. I simply wrote as the characters and story unfolded in my mind. Once I bought my first word processor, my secret was out. The one defining moment when I thought I just may be on to something was when my mother, also an avid reader but a sports fanatic, missed the Super Bowl to read my manuscript. If you know any sports fanatics you'll know that it takes something very special or drastic to pull them away from that game.

I've come a long way since those years as a closet writer. Today I am multi-published in romantic fiction and creative non-fiction. My writing has won awards such as Coeur de Louisianne’s 1999 Diamond in the Rough and their 2000 Ruby and in 2001 I earned my Pro Pin from RWA.
My romantic fiction novels have been tagged as, "Inspirational with an Edge!" and reviewed as, "steamier and grittier than the typical Christian novel without decreasing the message" and consistently receive high praise and good reviews.

My short stories have received awards such as Reviewers Top Pick from Night Owl Romance & Recommended Read from My Book Cravings. My non-fiction has been featured in publications such as Cross & Quill, Fellow Script, and Vocational Biographies and much of it can be found online at Associated Content.
I’ve also contributed to publications such as Bylines Writers Desk Calendar, Crumbs in the Keyboard; Stories from Courageous Women Who Juggle Life & Writing and Penned from the Heart Daily Devotionals (volumes xi, xiii, & xiv)

Well folks, now you know all about me. Next time I'll tell you more about my books!
Until later...take care, God BLESS and remember...with God ALL things are possible!

Pamela S Thibodeaux
"Inspirational with an Edge!"

2 comments:

  1. It's like I tell my husband "See sometimes hormones are helpful". :)

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews