Friday, May 9, 2008

What a Hoot!

Today in the mail, I received a flimsy envelope from Reader's Digest... you know, one of those that you tear off the edges and unfold. I almost threw it away, but I decided to open it. Inside was a note, "Thank you for your contribution, which will appear in an upcoming issue..." Also included, a check for $100.00! *Woot*

I can't even remember when I submitted a joke to them, although I do recall doing it. I have no idea what the joke was, so you'll have to wait until it appears to see if it was worth the money. Anyhow, I'm planning a relaxing pedicure because I deserve it.

I may have found a new pastime, submitting jokes. This amount surpassed by last royalty check by a mile... no make that ten miles. How sad is that? Did I mention that I have three new releases coming out???? *lol*

2 comments:

Estella said...

Congratulations! One hundred dollars is much better than no dollars.

mountainbike said...

So, you got $100.00. That is great! For the submiting Jokes, I like to request that please also post some Jokes at your Blog so that we can read them. Thanks for your post.

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Manic Readers

Manic Readers

She Writes

Historical Fiction Books

Readers and Writers of Distinctive Fiction