Thursday, June 5, 2008

Help Me Make A Difference

For the month of June, I will donate 75% of all proceeds from book sales to aid in the fight against autism. There is a new chapter forming here in Gallatin, TN and they are desperately in need of funds. I'd love to present them with a hefty check, but I'll settle for what I can get during this next royalty period.

As many of you may know, my grandson, Spencer, has been diagnosed with developmental delays and autistic tendencies. My heart broke for him tonight when the little girl next door who is his same age asked point-blank, why he couldn't talk like everyone else. My goal is to see that he can one day... that he might mainstream into regular school classes and not be the object of unwanted remarks and questioning stares.

Autism is growing problem in the United States. In recent years the ratio of those affected were one in ten thousand births... now it's one in one hundred fifty, and most diagnosed with autism are male children. I can't think of a better way to honor Spencer than to ask your help in making a donation through purchasing a download or copy of any of my books available. You might think I should donate 100%, but I also support him with school lunches, breakfasts and supplies. A little profit would help those expenses tremendously, too.

So, buy a book and help a child. My grandson and the other children involved in this new venture thank you for any help you might offer.

Regards,
Ginger

1 comment:

  1. HI Ginger,

    Keep that head up girl, you are going to make it!! I think that's great what you are doing for Spencer.I hope you can collect lots of money!!

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews