Friday, July 11, 2008

Being Politically Correct



I received a very cute email with politically correct terms to replace the bad references we've been making to one another. I thought it might be fun to write something using them:


As an APPALIACHIAN-AMERICAN (hillbilly) and a fairly old BREASTED AMERICAN (babe or chick), I feel it necessary to stand up for women with a certain shade of hair, having been one myself once. Although they are often considered a LIGHT-HAIRED DETOUR OFF THE INFORMATION HIGHWAY (dumb blonde)and quite often thought of as HORIZONTALLY ACCESSIBLE (easy), the color of one's hair does not mean she is a PREVIOUSLY ENJOYED COMPANION (has been around. Nor does the fact that she isn't a brunette give you cause to refer to her as a LOW COST PROVIDER (two-bit hooker.) I hope the men reading this will reconsider their attitudes and not cause me to become VERBALLY REPETITIVE (nag).

The same applies to women. Just because your husband has developed a LIQUID GRAIN STORAGE FACILITY (beer gut) or is OVERLY CAUCASIAN (a bad dancer), you have to forgive him when he develops a case of RECTAL-CRANIAL INVERSION (acts like a total ass). Whether he exhibits REAR CLEAVAGE (butt crack) or is in FOLLICLE REGRESSION (balding), he is your husband and you should treat him with respect.

I hope I've made my point crystal clear.

My thanks to the person who came up with these witty descriptions.

Manic Readers

Manic Readers

She Writes

Historical Fiction Books

Readers and Writers of Distinctive Fiction