Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Wish I'd Known

Contagious Obesity?

According to Reader's Digest, "it seems you can catch obesity that way you do a cold." I never knew that. Scientific facts show that exposure to the adenovirus-36, the same germ that causes pinkeye, diarrhea or a stuffy nose, can actually cause you to gain weight even if you don't overeat. I always knew there was a reason behind this fat. If only I'd known I would have worn a mask to prevent carrying these hips around. Ha, and everyone tried to say it had something to do with Big Macs and Fries. I've had pinkeye, diarrhea and a stuffy nose, that proves it. I'm fat because I have a virus.

Luckily, Dr. Richard Atkinson, Director of the Obertech Obesity Research Center is working to find something to combat the virus.


Si's blog said...

Not only that, you can blame your genes (jeans) http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=having-trouble-squeezing-into-jeans-blame-genes

Carol said...

Hmmmm, I've had this obesity cold for a lot of years now. I'll be glad when there's a cure.

Estella said...

I think I have the virus, too!

Molly Daniels said...

There was also a news blip a couple months ago that claimed obesity was caused by the people you have around you. Huh??? Cause if that was true, I'd have been horribly overweight as a kid!

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Manic Readers

Manic Readers

She Writes

Historical Fiction Books

Readers and Writers of Distinctive Fiction