Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Yard Sale Diary

Day Three - the final frontier. I suppose since we don't have a new president who plans on redistributing the wealth, I can share this information with you. *lol*

Few people trickled in and out, most leaving without buying anything. My DIL showed up later with more children's things that were immediately snapped up, so all and all we made almost $300.00 for our two-day effort. I'm still not sure it was worth it given the amount of stuff we had to box up and get rid of after-the-fact. :)

Now the yard sale is over, I'm pondering the upcoming election. I have a million questions that haven't been answered, with more cropping up the more I watch Fox news. It's too bad that more people don't tune in there rather than the lop-sided coverage of the local news channels. I still don't understand what changes Obama promises, but I have noticed he needs to adopt the lyrics from a country western song..."That's my story and I'm stickin' to it." If you watch long enough, you'll certainly see that ABC, NBC, CBS are Obama supporters. What happened to unbiased reporting?

I know people were really concerned with John McCain's age, but at the pace he's keeping, he's had to have earned some respect and lessened that factor. I'm not even as old as he is and I couldn't keep up with him. I wonder how he plans to buy up all the morgages without raising taxes when our economy already sucks. Common sense tells me when the coffers are empty, money has to come from somewhere, and if not from us...are we borrowing more from China?

A big factor for me is Obama's plan to raise taxes on those making over a certain amount of money. That's why a large majority of our businesses have already left the US and unemployment soared. Will more leave us because of higher taxes imposed on them?

And how many more mismanaged businesses are we going to reward with bail-outs? Seems someone should be held accountable, but that isn't the case. Can't blame the stupid woman who chained herself to her house after losing seven other homes to foreclosure. You think she would have learned, but I guess she's just jumping on the bail-out train. What's good for poor managing CEO's should be good enough for the common person. Gotta admire her for trying to hide her lack of business sense beneath the veil of government stupidity. And how about the bonus checks issued to some of these people for their lack of performance. Don't know about you, but I don't appreciate it at all.

Oh well, Wednesday will tell the outcome Whoever is elected, we're in for a ride that will surely excel the E-ticket attractions at Disneyland. One can only hope that somewhere in all these lame campaign promises, sanity prevails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews