Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Two At Once
It's always nice to be recognized for my blog, and I was...TWICE on one day. I'm touched that two people I admire find my daily drivel worthy. Rather than try to meet the 'award' requirements twice, I'm combining them. I'd like to thank Lea Schizas and Kim Smith for double nominating me on the same day. :)
Please visit their sites at:
Lea's Writing Jungle
Kim's Writing Space
I've received this award, but it doesn't come without obligation. Here's the guidelines as I received them:
1. List 10 honest things about yourself (make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!)
2. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers (I hope I don't pass it to someone who already has it!)
Ten Truths About Me:
1. I have cataracts. I try not to drive at night because I can't see past the oncoming lights.
2. My feelings get hurt very easily. I've always been a softie.
3. I miss having girlfriends to spend time with. All my life I've worked with other women I admired and enjoyed, and I really miss the times we spent together laughing and having fun.
4. I'm still puzzled about what I did that pissed my sister off. All I did was make a phone call and now we aren't related anymore. Go figure. *I'm digging deep here*
5. I'm afraid of dying. I have been my whole life. I remember at 18, fearing I wouldn't live long enough to get married and have children. Now I can't decide if I want to be buried or cremated. I have claustrophobia and hate small, cramped spaces.
6.I lied about my age when I first met my husband. I was forty-nine, about to turn fifty, but I shaved off a year. Actually, it wasn't so much a lie as it was the starting of my dementia.
7. All the women in my immediate family (mother and sisters...okay I still have one sister left) wear a size ten shoe.
8. I don't look forward to sex anymore. Despite loving my husband very much, making love just doesn't appeal to me. Instead of euphoric feelings, it means leg cramps and backaches.
9. I'm totally disorganized as an author. I have so many characters floating around in my head that all of a sudden I can't seem to finish one project.
10. I'm determined to make 2009 the year I find an agent to help me get published by mainstream. Of course...that means I'll have to finish something first.
Okay... now that I've revealed my deepest secrets to show I deserve the Scrap of Honesty award, I nominate the following people (hopefully not in duplication) because I admire each and everyone of them:
1. Diane Wylie - http://dianewylie.com/
2. Anna K. Lanier - http://annakathrynlanier.blogspot.com/
3. Kim Richards - http://kim-richards.livejournal.com/
4. Chris Redding - http://chrisredddingauthor.blogspot.com/
5. Sloane Taylor - http://www.sloanetaylor.com/blog/
6. Tabitha Shay - http://www.tabithashay.com
7. Clare London - http://www.darkpearldiva.com/