Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hi there!. I'm Sierra Hart.


You can find my story in The Edge of Morning at Total-e-bound.

I thought I’d been hiding out pretty well having just dumped my last job and latest love, trying to figure out the next step in my life when Desi showed up, banging on my door.
I was stunned that she’d found me, because I didn’t think anyone knew about the cabin in Maine my grandfather had just willed to me. It’s surrounded by five thousand of the most pristine forest you can imagine. A great place to get my head together. Isolation, nature and fresh air.
But you know Desi. She used to be a reports and she can track down anything. So there she is, sitting in my Adirondack chair, drinking my fresh-ground coffee and inhaling my fresh air, and determined to pry all my secrets out of me. But I don’t think even the fabulous Desiree Holt was prepared for what she found out.
It all started when she passed through my living room on the way to my kitchen for more coffee, and saw the ancient book I’d left on my coffee table , The Legend of the Wolf. Damn! If I’d known she was coming—although how could I possibly—I’d have hidden it away. I wasn’t yet prepared to answers questions about the book or Luke, the man who just appeared in my life. Or the wolf itself.
But she’s so darn persistent, I had to tell her about the gorgeous silver wolf who kept appearing right at the edge of my clearing, just as morning came up each day. A beautiful wolf. Magnificent. And shockingly friendly. He even came right up to my desk and let me touch him.
I shivered just thinking about it.
You think that would satisfy this woman? Hell, no. She poked and prodded and finally got it out of me about Luke Spencer, who is the hero of The Edge of Morning. My story and his. I still remember the night I first met him. Luke is well over six feet, lean and broad shouldered. Dark brown hair with traces of silver dusts his shoulders and frames a starkly masculine face—high cheekbones, square jaw and unusual amber eyes. And she nearly squirmed off her chair when I told her about the first night he showed up at the cabin, the erotic sex we enjoyed, she forgot to take notes.
She pounced at once on the fact that he’d left me the book to read, a book about an ancient race of people who are able to shift back and forth between wolf and human form. I could see her practically drooling when I told her about the first time I saw Luke shift, and realized he was the huge silver wolf who’d been so friendly.
But of course being Desiree, she wanted every little detail about the erotic things we did together, and where it was going. I had to tell her Luke had reached into my heart and captured it. Me, who had sworn off men forever. Me, who planned to live as a hermit forever. Me, who’d never realized how pale my sex life had been.’
Then of course I had to tell her about the men threatening me because they wanted my land. And about Luke’s agency, The Sentinels. And about…
Oh, wait. If you want to know the rest, ya gotta read my story.
The Edge of Morning is available at Total-e-bound, http://www.total-e-bound.com/.
And come visit Desiree at http://www.desireeholt.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews