Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hi Honey, I'm Home

Disregard the date. I dropped the battery pack and didn't bother to reset it. These were taken on the 4/25/09. The scenery from our campsite was awesome. It was really nice to relax and get away. I actually spent some time READING instead of writing, and I read something besides Romantic Fiction. I tried out a couple of true crime stories and I was surprised at the difference in style. I may have to give it a whirl. :)




Hubby tried his hand at fishing, and as you can see, he had a "little" luck. Of course, he threw it back as soon as we snapped evidence that he hadn't sacrificed a worm for naught.

My sis and her son came up to enjoy dinner by the lake. They decided to snap a picture of themselves. Yep...that's the infamous Dimes McDropperson. He just dropped in from Iraq on his way to Afghanistan, and his Mom was sure glad to see him. He makes us laugh. In fact, we've all laughed so much we're sore.

I absolutely hate having my picture taken, so this was Gwenn and I wrestling to see who had to be in front. She was determined to hide behind me and I was determined she wasn't going to. I think we both lost.



All good things have to end, so here we are...well you can't actually see us, but we're loading up to go home. All in all the weekend was relaxing and uneventful. I actually walked around the park with Kelly and we got invited to be in a "Cornhole" tournament. In California, if someone asked me, I would have run in the other direction, but a bunch of people were having fun tossing 'cornbags' onto a ramp with a hole in it. I was amazed there is actually a Cornhole Association dot com that tells you the rules of the game, how to build the equipment, and even set up tournaments. For first-timers, we did really well...I came home and ordered a set from Ebay so we can practice. Hey, Kelly's going to be on unemployment for a while, so until he finds a job, we have to find something to do so we don't kill each other.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful pics, Miz Ging and it sounds like you all had a great time...I want some time to read...lol....I'm wanting to read Karen Robards new book, but haven't even had time to order it yet...but I will....Tabs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginger! Such beautiful pictures, so relaxing there it looks! I so can't wait to go on a vacation some day just like there!

    Good you got to read!!! Its a wonderful feeling! Just as I read yours! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ginger, what lovely pictures! And what a great family you have. I did some reading myself this weekend - my son's Music assessment *lol*. At least I can check him for passive voice and head-hopping now ^_~.

    Really pleased you got away for a break and had a good time. I wish I had scenery like that around my home. have a good week!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pictures, Ginger. Gorgeous scenery! Glad you're already planning to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics Ginger! Looks like you had a fantasic time:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me want to take a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Looks like you had a great time. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews