Friday, May 8, 2009

Writing Contest


A short time ago, I announced a writing contest starting May 8th. You need not be an author to enter...anyone can submit.

Rather than supply the entrants with a single sentence as I previously stated, I'm providing a list of 'components' that must appear in a one or two paragraphs. The genre is "Mystery/Suspense" and the winner will be judged by readers of my blog. Please EMAIL your entry to me at Mizging.

Depending upon how many entries I receive, I will post them here in the course of one week. You have until May 20th to submit your "winning" paragraph.

Here are the 'items' that must be used in some fashion:

hero
dog
fog
tracking
crime
water

Example: SHOW how a hero tries to find someone who committed a specific crime. Fog, dog and water must play a part in the plot.

It should be easy, but try to make your submission stand out with a good hook and lots of suspense. The winner will be announced after the voting is completed, and one lucky person will receive a $25.00 Amazon gift certificate.

Get those fingers moving on the keyboards. I've ordered the prize and will have it ready to send when I announce the winner. I won't mind at all if you use the card to buy one or more of my books. Of course, the choice is yours. *lol*

6 comments:

  1. Ginger,

    I'll work on that. Should be fun.

    Joan K. Maze
    wwwjoanmaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee thanks Ging, as if I didn't have enough diversionary activities to keep me from my writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm okay-- cracking knuckles and drumming up an idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh I love writing challenges (other than editing and making deadlines)! This was fun, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews