Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Mania


EPIC is once again hosting their writing contest. You'll notice they are no longer calling the award an EPPIE. I wonder why.

This year, submissions are being accepted earlier. Here's the information taken from the EPIC site:

* Entries must be an "as sells" e-book with a publication date between October 1, 2008 and May 31, 2009.
* Entries must be submitted in non-DRM PDF format.
* Codes and Divisions: Please be sure you understand how this might affect your entry.
* EPIC's EBook Competition will open for submission entries from July 15, 2009 through August 15, 2009 midnight (CST) ONLY.


Complete instructions and division listings are available on the EPIC site.

So, with that announced, I'm wondering if I should enter again. Last year, Embezzled Love was a finalist, and although not a winner, the thrill was almost as great. To know that your book is selected among the many entered is an honor. I know personally, from interacting with, critiquing, and reading excerpts, the competition in the industry is tough, and getting tougher by the moment.

I'm considering Hope Springs Eternal because I truly love the story, and the reviews I've garnered indicate people can identify with my heroine. All I need to do now is come up with the entry fee. Why does money always screw everything up?

I'd be interested to hear from my fellow authors how they feel about the EPIC award.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews