Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Welcome, Kayden McLeod

Dear Readers:

In my infantile journey into the world of e-publishing I’ve learned so much, mainly because of two of the best sources I’ve ever come into contact with since I decided to become an author. They are also the best promotional tools I have. First is my Publisher Eternal Press, along with the incredible helpful authors and staff that answer my endless and growing list of questions. Second is my Publicist Dee Owens of Personalized Marketing, who guides me in any direction I take. Together, they have made this new and sometimes scary world manageable and clear-cut.

For those of you who were interested, I definitely recommend researching representation. With the right person(s), it’s worth every penny.

In our world of online fiction yahoo groups are our bread and social networks are our butter. However having said that, there is a fine line to walk between informing readers, and just annoying them. When one deals with yahoo groups, being aware of exactly what the moderators want is very important and often overlooked, i.e. the group rules. Spam promoting these groups are also very aggravating, and I’ve found I dislike rereading the exact same promo over and over in every group I belong to, as much as the reader’s I’ve spoken with. This draws negative attention to one-self and it’s quite self-defeating in the long run. For this reason, I try to change it up as much as possible.

Even though my first release isn’t until December 2009, it’s never too early to start getting your name out there. With the knowledgeable guidance of my Publicist, I’m creating short stories to post both for my website (currently under construction) and giveaways. I wholeheartedly believe this is a great way to promote when you’re new, because it’s gives reader’s a shot to see if you’re worthy of their money and time. Both are something of a commodity in this era, and it may prove to be one of the clinchers that makes or breaks a sale.

And the only way a reader will know if they would like my novels, is to read what I’ve written. That’s my logic, so that’s what I’m doing. I guess in a way, I’ve created a way to take that one step further, to entice my possible readers with my latest short story and vice-versa. Suspicious Circumstances has taken inspiration from both of my up and coming releases with Eternal Press, Deadly Fetishes and Jezebel’s Article. All three are Erotic Paranormal. This one is chocked full of insights and teasers into both new books, and the project was far too much fun to end, so I made it into a series. This will be the first of the free installments of Sara’s Story.

Please, feel free to drop on in and leave a comment on my blog, or you can join me on Twitter or Facebook as well. Links to both are on my link list:

Kayden's Blog

Thanks for reading my ramblings…

Kayden McLeod

4 comments:

  1. Kayden may be new to the industry, but she certainly has been a welcome addition to the EP family. Her enthusiasm is contagious and her ideas are fresh and appealing. I always welcome new friends, especially ones who are so eager to be part of a TEAM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ginger, and thank you for hosting this event! It was so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really made me think when you wrote about posting the same exact comments to every yahoo group. That's what I've been doing, but I will no longer. It won't be as easy to write every one separately, but will be worth it if I don't aggravate anyone. Thanks for the suggestion.

    I will take a look at your website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JZ...Thanks! I also know that sometimes it all about the time we have, one of the comodities, so I understand that aspect as well, but I find it also good practice, but at this point everything is, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews