Sunday, November 22, 2009

Welcome, Page Ryter

Today I’m truly thankful. I was able to wake up and get out of bed, so I’m not dead. I could speak my mind and yell at my kids who didn’t want to get up, thankful for freedom of speech. I could eat, even though I need to cut back, BIG TIME. I’m lucky enough to be a stay-at-home mom, and I consider that completely priceless. Yes, it’s boring at times, but the kids make up for that when they get home. I’m so thankful for my life, for the ability to be able to breathe fresh very cold air (it’s getting close to winter in Wisconsin and cold is the name of the game). I have a roof over my head and a heated home.

I also write as a mystery/suspense writer under a different pen name. I’ve sent my characters to other places in the world, and through my research, realize that in America, we’re so extremely lucky and fortunate, it’s scary. Every time I research another third-world country, I’m just thankful, beyond belief. Yes, we whine about how bad we have it, however, we truly have no idea how bad it could be.

So this Thanksgiving, be truly thankful. There’s so much out there to be thankful for, and if you just take the time to look, your list of thankfulness would outweigh the whining every time. And if you want to show how thankful you are, I’d encourage you to help the homeless, give to a charity, or even help a neighbor. You’ll be amazed how good it feels to help others, and make you even more thankful for your own life.

Paige Ryter at www.paigeryter.comThree Minutes Before Christmas’ coming out December 10, 2009, with Red Rose Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews