Thursday, February 11, 2010

All you need is love...


I've been wracking my wee little brain trying to come up with a blog about love. Well, I did come up with one already for Cindy Jacks's blog. I talked about my love of dragons. So what else can I say? I've never been a fan of Valentine's Day but I've always been a sucker for a good love story. Who isn't? Just about every tale you've heard since you were little has something to do with love. Don't believe me? Let's see...the Ugly Little Duckling teaches us to love someone even if they look different. Snow White...where would she be without the love of the seven dwarfs and her prince? Star Wars, think you got me there don't you? Han and Lea. :p

The funny thing is, I never actually read romance novels until recently. A very dear friend recommended Angela Knight's Mageverse series and I was hooked. I found something else to be in love with. LOL Really love is at the core of everything. I write because I love it. I read because I love it. Love can motivate you to do a lot of things you wouldn't normally think you could do. As Lily finds out in my recent release from Red Rose Publishing :

"I had everything under control, Sebastian."

He took a step towards her, she retreated but he followed. "But you didn't really want to be, did you Lily?"

"What are you talking about?" Lily swallowed around the sudden lump in her throat, watching his eyes travel to her throat. The way he was looking at her made heat collect in her belly.

"You don't want to be in control," he replied, his voice a low seductive growl.

"Yes I do," she protested weakly.

"No, you don't. You want to let go, to hand someone else the reins."

"I can take care of myself." Lily straightened her shoulders, trying to ignore her body that longed to throw itself at this man's feet.

"Of course you can," Sebastian conceded, "But you want someone to take care of you. I know why you weren't happy with Philip," he said.

"Oh?" For every step she took away from him, he took one forward. Her heels touched the wall at the same time her hip hit the counter. She had backed herself into a corner and he placed his hands on the wall on either side of her head, trapping her. Her breath was coming in quick gasps now. She couldn't look at him. She kept her eyes on his shoulder but that turned out to be a bad idea as she noticed now that the black turtle neck hugged his form in a sinful way. "And why is that?" she somehow managed to ask.

Sebastian bent his head, catching her gaze with his own. "You want a man who won't let you control him."

"And you could?" she countered, her cheeks flushing.

She held her breath, thinking he was going to kiss her again but he took a step back. "Come, we're leaving." His tone left no room for debate and she really didn't feel any desire to refuse the command. Still it was her brother's party and she always stayed here to spend Christmas morning with him and Kate.

"But—"

"I said, come."


Find out how things turn out for Lily, get your copy here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews