Monday, November 29, 2010

Welcome, Marsha A. Moore. She's thankful, too.

Thanks lots for inviting me to be here today, Ginger. 

It’s incredibly hard to decide what I’m most thankful for since the list shifts from month to month, year to year. But, health, mine and of those closest to me, will always be at the top. I’ve lived through many troubled years with my own health issues, or cared for loved ones who suffered. Fortunately, all those who I hold most dear are in good health. There is no greater blessing. 

Beyond that, I’m thankful for new opportunities which have fallen my way in 2010. Trying my hand in the world of publishing has brought me many new friends who I’ll cherish for years to come. So many amazing authors I now count among my friends. Most I’ve met through writers’ organizations: RWA’s Fantasy, Futuristic & Paranormal Chapter; Savvy Authors; Writing.com; Florida Writers’ Association. But the group I’m most grateful for is the MuseItUp Publishing community. I can’t begin to express how much I’ve grown through that fellowship of authors under guidance of publisher Lea Schizas.

Thirdly, I’m grateful our house is now as my husband and I envisioned when we bought it a year and a half ago. After that much time enduring construction crews, we celebrated with our first vacation in three years—a week in the Florida Keys. Mind you that was not a major trip since we live in Tampa, but appreciated just as much as if we’d traveled across the country. This past month I’ve been thankful:
            I subscribed to “Florida Travel + Life” magazine, so when we were finally set free, we knew the stops to make a fun trip;
that publication recommended a great fresh fish dive in Key Largo called The Fish House;
we were able to find our fav recipe from that restaurant online, Fish Matecumbe;
and my husband and I recreated the magic of our vacation in our own kitchen, which I’m happy to share today on Ginger’s blog. May it bring you a taste of the Keys and its happiness. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving.


1/2 Spanish onion, chopped
1 (8-ounce) jar capers
5 shallots, peeled and chopped
5 tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
2 lemons, juiced
1 cup olive oil
8 individual Mahi Mahi fillets
Salt and pepper
Serving suggestion: rice

To a medium bowl, add all ingredients except fish and stir to thoroughly combine. Refrigerate until ready to use; it is best to let flavors blend for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.

Preheat the broiler and position the oven rack so that it is at least 4 inches from the broiler, but no more than 6 inches.

Place fish fillets on a baking sheet and then season fish with salt and pepper. Place under the broiler and cook until done on 1 side. Watch carefully, as it may only take a couple minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish fillets and the proximity to the broiler. Remove from broiler and turn each fish over. Top each fillet with about 1/2 cup sauce. Return to the broiler and cook until fish is done on the other side and fully cooked through in the middle. If you are unsure about doneness, cut into the center of 1 fillet; it should be opaque. (You can cover up the cut with the sauce.) Serve with rice, if desired.

Recipe from The Fish House
Key Largo

Tears on a Tranquil Lake, 2/1/2011 & Sea Glass and Sand Memories, 6/1/2011 - MuseItHot Publishing



6 comments:

  1. OMG! That pic got me sooo hungry. Looks absolutely delicious.

    I love this time of year when we can reflect and offer thanks. It was great to read more about you, Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea, that fish recipe is to die for it's that good--one we'll repeat many times with happy memories. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It' always great to reflect. We have so many blessings that we sometimes take for granted. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to take time to be grateful. It adds meaning to our lives. Thank, Roseanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fish is at the top of my personal food chain. I'll have to try this recipe. Thanks Marsha.

    Lovely post, and yes, so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews