Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cross This Off My Bucket List...


If you look really close, you'll notice Sister's in Time finally made the shelf in Wal-mart.

Okay, okay.  So I smuggled it inside, tucked in my jacket and put it on the shelf,  then took this cheesy picture, but I figure now I can say, and actually have proof that you can find my book(s) at Wal-mart...of course only on certain days and when I'm in the direct vicinity with a book and my camera.  Sometimes you just have to be creative.

I would like to add that I did get some strange looks while I lingered in the book section.  One woman even gasped when I took the book off the shelf and stuck it in my purse.  I defied someone to approach me about shoplifting...of course I might have had a hard time explaining my motive.  Yes, my dear friends, I've finally crossed the line between sanity and insanity.

The best I can do is a virtual shelf.  :(

15 comments:

  1. OMG!! I can't believe you did that. But yeah, you could have easily proved that Walmart does NOT carry your book. lol But it's great to dream, isn't it?

    BTW...I'm still waiting for Walmart to carry my first book. It's been out since August, and they are still not carrying it! Idiots!

    ~Marie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think it was great and very creative. You rock!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger, you could have been caught for shoplifting! OMG!!! There are security cameras.

    Yes, my dear friend, you have lost it, but I still love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ironically, I just finished reading Sisters in Time a few moments ago, gratefully spending most of my Saturday doing so. This book is a great read. I couldn't put it down. Clever, thought-provoking, and well-written, it is liberally sprinkled with humor, warmth and love. The two heroines, as different as night and day, become real to you, their dilemma genuine, and until things get settled, you are there for them. If it isn't in Walmart's then it should be. Once again, Sisters in Time is a great, great read. I highly recommend it to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now why didn't I think of that? What a clever lady you are. It would have been funnier if you had left it there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That just proves how creative you really are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang....Wal-mart is missing out..You are such a prankster...LMAO...

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMAO! Oh, Ginger. You crack me up. That's just hilarious and impressive all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great, Ginger!

    What you really should have done is get your camcorder and hang out to see who picked up the book to take a look!

    Hugs,
    Lisabet

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a hoot. I have not had that kind of courage, but may put on a disguise and try it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo you, Ginger. What a hilarious thing to do...and brave! I would have been terrified that I would be caught and thought to be shoplifting. How funny.

    I wonder, if you have left it there, would they have found out it wasn't in the system and then put it in there and then ordered more? Hmmm...anyone out there know what Walmart would have done with a stray book showing up on their shelves?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hilarious! I think I'll do that at my library. They have copies of all my books (gratis from me), yet have only catalogged one. I've more or less abandoned hope. I think they probably threw them out in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  13. go, Ginger. now try that at--no, never mind. you might do it and be pushing your luck. lol

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews