Sunday, February 20, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Today, I'm featuring six sentences from my current work-in-progress (WIP) with hopes that Hattie will start talking to me again so I can finish her story.  She's quite stubborn as opposed to my other heroines. I even have the cover ready for this one so all I need is my muse...Come on, Hattie, peel off that Duct tape and talk to me.



Hattie's Hero:

   Despite her churning innards, she closed the gap between them on leaden legs, managing a weak smile. His tailored charcoal frock coat, starched white shirt and perfectly pressed trousers indicated a man of means. His thick mustache, broad shoulders, and angular jaw made him quite attractive, but clearly impatient if his tapping foot was any indication. A glance down at her tacky apparel brought warmth to her cheeks.  If her employment rested on her looks… 
   She clamped the frayed handle of her valise so tightly, her nails dug into her palms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews