Thursday, July 21, 2011

Guess What! More Alaska Pictures

I could probably spend an entire month blogging and sharing pictures we've taken here, but, today will probably be the last installment of pics as I think everyone should make this trip and experience the beauty firsthand.

We've seen a moose wander ito the yard and graze on a bush, seen countless beautiful flowers blooming in the wild, evidenced bear footprints in freshly leveled soil, and witnessed God's beauty in the glaciers, waterfalls and animals who dwell there.  I never dreamed I would get to Alaska, let alone see so many wondrous sights.  Ann and Mike have put up with us far longer than they bargained, and now we face leaving good friennds, good times, and even more, Ann's great cooking.  To say our friends will be missed is an understatement.  But, alas, Tuesday, we return to Tennessee and steamy weather and pretty much the solitude that I haven't missed.  We'll definitely plan to return next year if Ann and Mike don't move and forget to tell us.  *lol*



On our trip to Whittier, there was a big turnoff for me.  I hate tunnels.  With Claustrophobia, any place or situation where I feel out of control is not a place I want to be.  Flying, elevators, tunnels, bridges...all make me hyperventilate, and finding that the entrance to our day trip required traveling through a two and a half mile tunnel didn't make me smile.  Then, of course, you have to leave the same way you came.  This is my favorite picture:











We saw lots of Orcas, but my favorite...












I rediscovered my hunky hubby. 












2 comments:

  1. I'm not going to write I'm green with envy. Nope, won't tell you.

    I've always wanted to visit Alaska, one of my dreams. Ahhh! Maybe someday.

    Just you telling us about that tunnel made me hyperventilate. Glad to know we're in the same claustrophobic boat. Yep, I understand.

    If it's hot in PA, I hate to think of what you are heading back to in TN. Broiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when we rediscover our hunky hubbies!

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews