Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Time to Get Busy!

Since I lapsed into a state of "muselessness," I've heeded the call of the games on Facebook.  Sadly, it's not that I've stopped enjoying playing, rather the fact that FB announces to the world my every move.  "Ginger is playing Words with Friends (fifteen minutes ago)," Ginger is playing Farkle (ten minutes ago)," Ginger is playing Gardens of Time (2 minutes ago)," "Ginger is playing Bingo (two seconds ago)."  Even if you stop playing and move to something else, FB's big brother shadows you and announces your presence to the minions.  If I wanted everyone to know what I was doing, I'd personally update my FB status.

For those of you who claim to be so busy, just remember, Santa isn't the only person keeping track of your behavior.  I see where you are and what you're doing, and I take some satisfaction in knowing I'm not the only game junkie.  I've tried to turn off the posting option, but FB won't let you.  I've always hated tattletales and narcs, and FB is the worst.  It's downright embarrassing, if not maddening, that people know my every move, so I've set December 31st as the last day I can wile away with lettered tiles, numbers on cards, automatic dice and a time machine.  I've got to get back to Hattie's Hero, even if I have to strangle her until she talks to me.  Actually, I'm a little jazzed because I think we're going to take a new direction, and I can't wait to see how she reacts to the change of plan.

Tomorrow, I'm calling Faces of Hope, my charity for Autism, and making arrangements to present them with a check.  Thanks to several of my Muse It Up "sisters" who helped bolster my "Shortcoming" royalties for last quarter, I'll be able to donate $250.00 to help the organization with their endeavor to educate parents and aide children who need special assistance. In the big scheme of things, it's not a lot of money, but it's far more than I could have managed alone, and I'm so touched by the generosity of these women who gave because they cared.  I won't name them because some wanted to remain anon and I've already blown that once, but they know who they are and how much their generosity means to me.   I'm really excited, and I'll have someone take a snapshot to mark the occasion so I can share it here.  I may have to wait until after the New Year, but I'll get it done.  Gosh, I can't believe that 2012 is almost here.  Can you?

After I call Faces of Hope, I think I'll call and make an appointment to use my gift certificate hubby gave me for Christmas.  I can get a facial, manicure and pedicure, and I love them all.  What a treat.  Perhaps I can get them to pull a few wrinkles out of this face of hopelessness.  *lol*  Get it?  play on words there.  It was funny until I realized how true it is.  I look in the mirror and wonder how my mother got there.  Growing old is not for sissies.

Well, I'd love to blog longer, but the clock is ticking and I have some games to play.  I don't have many days left to fritter away, so I'd best get busy.  See you soon without something writing related...I promise.

Hugz,
Ginger


1 comment:

  1. I can't get into any games, but I do cruise through websites, looking up people. Today I found the gravesite of my paternal great grandfather in Olsburg, Kansas.
    I never knew his name before, and it was Cloud. He was born in Sweden (which explains the odd name). I was so thrilled to get info on him and my great grandmother who both came over from Sweden in the mid 1800's.
    Anyway, that how I fritter some days, LOL.
    Good luck on your charity,it sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews