Monday, January 9, 2012

Welcome Sheilagh Lee writing as S.G. Lee



S.G.Lee was born and raised in London, Ontario. She is the mother of two grown daughters and happily married. She is an avid reader of mysteries and paranormal novels. Her favourite writers are Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie, Kelley Armstrong and Charlaine Harris.Growing up she feasted on tales of family history, and other imaginative stories; as her family continued the long tradition of passing on stories orally. Those tales and more of her own are itching to be told so she has been putting pen to paper and fingers to computer to get them all down resulting in this first novel with many more stories to come. 



Interview Questions:

1.) How long have you been writing? 

I’ve been writing as long as I could print

Please tell us about your current release

My current release is Love’s Labours Won (The Stone Chronicles) It is a paranormal novel.

It is the story of Sarah Dexler. Sarah is a young single woman in dire straits. Her rent is due, she was fired from her last job and she has no family to turn to. So she accepts the fateful offer of a mysterious job interview, which turns out to be a ruse to steal gifts that she never even realized she had. As she set upon this journey Sarah will discover a world of magic, mystery and the supernatural. As Sarah learns about this new world she is exposed to adventure, danger and intrigue...and romance in the form of the mysterious Demetrious Blackstone. All the while Sarah must learn to control her gifts and suppress her own demons to defeat the perils that await her. Only then can she discover her inner voice and follow her own path that will lead to the true love she knows she deserves.

Tell us about your next releases.

I will publish Dreams Can Kill-A gothic mystery within the next month as well as my murder mystery A Penny Saved A Murder Earned and sometime later this year the sequel to Love’s Labours Won, A Tiger's Heart Wrapped in A Player’s Hide

Dreams Can Kill is the story of amnesiac Sharon Alexander. She’s is recovering from a bullet wound to the head and does not know who to trust. Everything is a blank including her assailants face. As she struggles to recover her assailant plays cat and mouse with her to get something she doesn’t recall. Sharron must fight and remember or she will find out Dreams can Kill.

A Penny Saved A Murder Earned is the story of Lily Kelly and her family. Lily Katha, Amelia, as well as Lily’s adopted daughter Rose Brooksfield feel like they are under a curse; but appears to be the work of a serial killer that people around them having been falling like dominoes. Amelia’s parents and siblings, Amelia’s husband and son, and Lily’s first husband all have been targeted by a killer. Now as Amelia’s store clerk, a homeless man, Lily’s present husband the Mayor, and Lily’s mother-in law are targeted. Lily and her cousin Amelia are suspected by the investigating officer Emmett Rogers. Lily and her family must fight the impulse to blame the curse and get to the bottom of who is causing all their woes before the killer targets them.

A Tiger's Heart Wrapped In A Player’s Hide

This book has not been finalized yet but I have done the basic outline for it.

Sarah is still on a voyage of discovery learning about herself and her abilities. She’s not living the life she planned however since the Magik council is under siege from an unknown enemy and Demetrious is too busy fighting this person to visit her. Sarah must find her inner strength and abilities once more to help Demetrious and save herself and the world from this unknown assailant as they threaten her life as she knows it.

2.) Has someone been instrumental in inspiring you as a writer?

My mother was always my inspiration as she was always writing and encouraging me to tell my stories.

And my good friend and author Jodi Langston has always helped and encouraged me with my writing,

3.) Who is your favorite author?

Do I have to pick one? LOL For paranormal and murder mystery definitely Charlaine Harris. I love all her books.

4.) When do you write?

I write after I get up and write for at least six hours a day or more.

5.) What is the hardest part of writing your books?

Knowing when to put the computer down and walk away and when to go back to it( to finish writing and forming the idea.)

6.)Where do you research for your books?

A lot of it is on the internet but I do lot of research at the library as well.

7.) What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?

They are very supportive.

8) Does your significant other read your stuff?

Yes and he liked it.

9.) Who are your books published with?

I am indie published.

10.) How do you describe your writing style?


I believe I’m like Morganville Vampires author Rachel Caine.

11.) What do you think makes a good story?

A good story has you identifying with the main character and then gives the reader a few twists and turns to surprise you.

12.) Some writers find they plot their novels then write them they are known as plotters others just  write as the ideas come and are known as pantsers. Which are you?

I’m a bit of both I plot first then let the muse take me where it needs to go.

13).Tell us about your family.

I am one of six children and happily married with two grown children.

14.) Do you use a pen name? If so, how did you come up with it?

I use my initials S.G.Lee. It fit better on the cover.

15.) Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?

 I listened to Rasmus and Katy Perry and some other artists depending on mood of the story.

16.) What was your favourite all time book?

Katy did by Susan Coolridge. I found Katy’s courage and strength as well as acceptance of her situation inspiring.

18.What book are you reading now?


Vampires not Invited by Cheyenne McCray

19.) As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

 A nurse. I changed my mind when I got older as writing appealed to me more.

20.)What are your favorite TV shows?

HBO’s True Blood, Grimm, Once upon A Time, The Mentalist, Both NCIS’

21.) What songs are most played on your Ipod?

Fireworks and in the shadows and anything by Adele.

22.) What is your favorite meal?

Pizza

23.)Do you have any suggestions for beginning writers? If so, what are they?

Write, write and write some more. start a blog and keep writing there. Observe people and interactions of people. Start a Twitter account and Facebook account,

24.) At what point in your life did you realize you wanted to be a writer?


When I was eleven years old and won a speaking trophy for a story I wrote.

Where can your readers find you?

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/SweetSheil

or Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sheilagh-Lee/17095187962831

Do you have a Website or Blog? http://sheilaghlee.blogspot.com

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers 


I hope you enjoy the characters as much as I enjoyed writing them and thank you for choosing to read my novel.

1 comment:

  1. Love's Labors Won sounds like such a great book...looking forward to your visit on my blog on Feb 11th.
    Laurie
    Laurie's Paranormal Thoughts & Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews