Monday, February 13, 2012

Best First Love of 2011

Best First Love of 2011

This is probably going to be the strangest FIRST love story you'll read in this contest, but it's definitely true, and something that changed my life for the better.


In June, my husband and I traveled to Alaska to visit an old friend and ex-classmate.  Ann is a FNP with her own family practice in Eagle River, and her specialty happens to be Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy.  I was intrigued to learn more about the process.

 For the past three years, I felt like my health was on a decline and I just couldn't shake the fatigue, lack of interest in doing anything or zest for life in general.  The fact that I even made the trip surprised me.  I'd become a real flake...planning to do things, but then cancelling at the last minute because I didn't feel well.  But, Ann encouraged me to do my own research on the BHRT process that's been around since the 40s to decide for myself if I thought having pellets implanted under my skin might be for me.

What did I have to lose?  My husband is ten years younger than I, and that was a big concern. My plan to nag him so much that he aged at double the rate took more energy than I had, plus to borrow a partial title from a song, "I'd lost that loving feeling." My mood affected his,  so, both hubby and I volunteered to give pellets a try.

To make a long story short, to say that being "pelleted" changed my life is an understatement.  I became more energetic, my skin tone improved, I felt younger than I had in years, and like when my husband and I had first met years ago, I couldn't keep my hands off him.  Okay, okay, TMI, I know, but you have to realize that we have hormones for a reason, and without them, we sacrifice so much of ourselves.  My husband got his wife back, I got my zest for life (and other things) back, and I'll be using pellets for the rest of my days.

People worry that the pellets aren't FDA approved...well, there's a reason for that.  The drug companies don't want you to know that the very hormones your body used to produce can be replaced, and you can stop taking all the little happy pills they prescribe for you.  Pellets cut into their profits...all but the greedy docs who see this as a money making venture and charge an arm and a leg to introduce patients to the process.  Still, there are some honest doctors out there who want you to feel better, and it's not about the money, it's about you.  So, my greatest new love for 2011 was discovering Bio-identical Hormone Replacement therapy.  It made me LOVE who I am again, and gave me back what was missing in my life! 

Who could ask for a better Valentines Day present?  But, BHRT is not just for that holiday, it's Thanksgiving, Christmas and a New Year all rolled into one.  I guess finding my friend Ann, after all these years, and her insistence that we visit was a great big blessing.  I found a new sister to replace the one I'd lost as well as finding me again. By the way...this is a completely unsolicited endorsement.  *lol*

Remember, this is a blog hop, so please visit all the participants.  I'll be announcing my winners after 6:00 pm in the comment section here.


10.



Thank you so much for visiting and and hopefully enjoying my entries into this fun, fun blog hop, and thank you Ravencraft's Realm for putting on such a stimulating event!

9 comments:

  1. So...how do I get me some of those pellets?? *smile*

    I was on an HRT program, but my doctor took me off because she said there's a certain age when you should simply stop. WHAT???

    I was so upset, I stopped two years ago...and have slowly lost energy.

    You definitely make a great promo/endorser for this product.

    Happy Valentine's Day Ginger...I'm glad you got your mojo back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--sounds like you will be having a very love-filled Valentine's Day. You go, Girl!! So happy for you and your husband. Hmmm...maybe I should visit your friend when we are up there this summer..!! Thanks for sharing your life-changing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad it worked out for you! Have a very happy and fun Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this. It's wonderful to know about happy moments in friends' lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...That's some endorsement. I'm a librarian and it sounds like something I should be researching. Thanks for the "love."

    catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun Day ,Happy Valentine's Day.DebP
    r.d1@myfairpoint.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ginger, I love that you fell in love with yourself all over again. You know the saying you have to love yourself before you can give love to others? I believe it's true.

    Hope you had a great Valentine's. Thank you so much for joining the hop. I enjoyed all your posts. The winner will be announced on RRR on Sunday 19th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to thank everyone who made this an overwhelming success for me. I had quite a few new visitors, and I so enjoyed all the comments. I put everyone's name into a bowl and drew two...drum roll... My winners are:
    $15 Amazon Gift Card - Catherine Lee
    PDF Choice from my backlist - Renald
    Would both of you ladies email me so I can get your information. mizging @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ginger...This is great! Thanks so much...I'll be emailing you ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews