Thursday, May 24, 2012

RITA ASKS ~ WHAT ARE YOU READING

I'm very busy doing research . . . a rare time I'm not reading a novel.  For this reason I'm relying on sharing a book (this time a series) that has long been a favorite read of mine.  If you haven't read them . . . you won't regret it.
This exciting trilogy of original novels features the ancestors of the Holts. Brothers Clay and Jefferson Holt are forced into a blood feud with a murderous clan in the Ohio Valley. To end it, they strike out for a new start in an untamed territory of danger and breathtaking wonder--and to found the dynasty that will become a legend.

Once there was a wilderness so vast, no white man had ever crossed it.  Then Lewis and Clark became the pathfinders for a nation, opening up a land of limitless possibilities that called with a siren's song to brave men looking for a dream . . . the first Holts.  In the heart of this majestic land, Clay Holt and his Sioux Wife, Shining Moon, lead a perilous expedition up the Yellowstone River.  While Clay and his band confront fierce storms and the plots of adversaries, brother Jeff Holt heads back East on a treacherous quest; impetuous young cousin Ned takes to the high seas; and in the East, Melissa Merrivale Holt struggles against the unscrupulous businessman to means to have her.  With the bravery and fighting spirit, the intrepid Holts battle on . . . to shape the destiny of a nation and to build and American dynasty.

 This book is third in the Frontier Series of the Holts by Dana Fuller Ross. Westward being the first and Expedition the second. I would recommend reading these first before reading this one. It is staged in 1809 after the Lewis/Clark expediation of which Clay was a member and falls for the new frontier. Jeff Holt finally rids himself of his nasty father in law. The only thing is that the author is a little brutal with the Garwood clan. The actual author is James Reasoner using the Pen name from the famous Wagons West series.

2 comments:

Ginger Simpson said...

I happen to be mid-way through your book, Ransom Love, and it's wonderful. I read one of your very first books years ago, and somehow forgot how much I love your style. Now, I'm knee deep in Rita Karnopp books...this being my fifth and a few more to go. Keep writing...I'm about to catch up. :)

Rita Karnopp said...

Ginger ... that is the sweetest and nicest compliment I've ever been paid. Thank you, dear friend. I write because I love to write . . . but to have comments like yours just makes the work and dedication a blessing. I've stepped out on a limb right now and am working on my Tango of Death series; GYPSY SPIRIT, PARTISAN HEART and JEWISH SOUL . . . books I've been wanting to write for over five years. Books We Love wants them . . . and I'm so excited. I'm on page 7 of GYPSY SPIRIT . . . and I'm sooo excited!! Thank you for reading my books! Love you, Ging!

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Manic Readers

Manic Readers

She Writes

Historical Fiction Books

Readers and Writers of Distinctive Fiction