Thursday, July 5, 2012

Welcome Roseanne Dowell


Did you ever have a feeling something bad was about to happen? You know kind of a premonition, intuition, omen or whatever you want to call it? When it happens, goose bumps run up your arms and the hair on the back of your neck stands on end. You try to pass it off as a coincidence, but deep down you know it’s not.
We’ve all experienced ESP, haven’t we? You know, you even finish each other’s sentences. Nothing unusual in that, is there? Not at all. At least I never thought so. My friend, Allison, and I do it all the time. We just laugh about it. When we were growing up we used to do the jinx thing.
But this is different. I’m experiencing something with a stranger. Oh, by the way, I’m Rebecca Brennan, can’t expect you to know that, can I? I have this rare connection to someone’s mind. Seriously, I hear what he hears, feel what he feels, and sometimes I even know what he’s thinking. It’s pretty scary. Sometimes I feel his contentment or pride in an accomplishment. Those things aren’t too bad, but when I woke up in the middle of the night with severe pain and even felt like I was bleeding, well let’s say I wasn’t too thrilled.
So, Allison talked me into seeing a parapsychologist. I was pretty leery. I just didn’t believe in these things. But something was happening to me, and I wanted to know what. Actually, what I wanted to know was who shared my mind.
Under hypnosis I kept saying the name Morris and came up with the name of a boot factory. I thought that was odd, but it gave me a place to start. My search led me to a small Victorian town.
 All of this happened to me in Connection of the Minds. I have these strange visions about someone else’s life. Some might think it’s a unique gift. Believe me, it’s not.
Connection of the Minds is available at
You can find out more about my author, Roseanne Dowell, at www.roseannedowell.com or her blog at http://roseannedowellauthor.blogspot.com
Here’s an excerpt from our book.
“No!” Rebecca sprang up in bed. Hot searing pain bore into her shoulder. What was happening to her? A warm sticky substance flowed from her shoulder. Oh God, there was going to be blood. From the feel of it, lots of blood.  Half afraid to look, her hand trembled as she slowly brought it in front of her face and looked at it.  Dry, no blood.  What was going on? These kinds of things happened way too often lately. Okay, they were dreams but still. They were so damn real.
Rebecca eased off the bed. Her feet felt like lead weights as she walked to the kitchen and poured a glass of water. After a big gulp, she hurried back to bed. Shivers racked her body even with the blanket pulled up to her chin. A minute ago sweat soaked her skin. Now she couldn’t get warm. Someone’s life had invaded her mind. She didn’t know who or where they lived. And she sure as heck didn’t like it. These were more than dreams. Most of her visions happened while she slept, but they were real. Besides, too many occurred during the day.
The pain eased, but fear and danger lingered. Curling up, she pulled the blanket tighter, closed her eyes, and willed herself to sleep. Strange visions played in her mind. Red, white, and blue flashing lights, fire engines, and ambulances, and police rushed around calling instructions, trying to control panic and hysteria at the scene.
Rebecca rubbed her eyes, trying to erase the visions.
“If only I knew how to find this person. Maybe then I’d find out what these dreams and visions mean.” Her voice startled her in the quiet room. Snuggling deeper in bed, pushing the thoughts away, she tried to sleep.
But sleep wouldn’t come. Her mind wouldn’t be still. The visions persisted.  Was she going crazy? Maybe Allison was right to force her to see a parapsychologist.
 "I think you’re experiencing a psychic phenomenon." Allison had suggested. "Like ESP or something."

 Note from Ginger:  I'm a Roseanne Dowell fan.  She writes in a style I appreciate because I hate internal thoughts and so does she.  Instead she paraphrases and doesn't draw me out of her stories.  I urge you to try a novel by this talented author.  P.S.  No money exchanged hands for this endorsement.  *lol*



9 comments:

  1. Ginger, thanks so much for hosting me today and your kind words. You know I feel the same way about your writing. I'm privileged to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ginger: I enjoyed reading about Roseanne's novel. Okay, it made me want to buy the book even though I told myself I'm trying to cut back. And don't I have a bookstore worth of books falling off my shelve. Sincerely, thank you for the chance to check out Rosanne's Connection of Minds.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my favorite authors are on this blog, Ginger and Roseanne. Good writers, too. Such a win-win. I recently finshed reading Elusive Mission and it's a warm and cuddly read you won't want to miss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty scary gift. Great story premise, and love the cover!

    Morgan Mandel
    http://morgansbooklinks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the premise of the story. It's odd, which makes it sound like a great read.

    Thanks for sharing with us and I guess another goes on my ever growing TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite of Ro's books, because her heroine is Rebecca Brennan. I'd just met Ro at the time this book released and we weren't the BFF we are now, but I couldn't believe the coincidence of the name, as my daughter's maiden name is Rebecca Branan. And Rebecca Brennan's leading man's (not giving away anything)name begins with a "J", just as my daughter's husband, the love of her life does and he's in law enforcement. And so is my son-in-law. So this had me from hello.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would hate to be able to know what another person is thinking. You KNOW she'd be telling me she loves my zucchini cake, but actually thinking it's the worst cake she's ever had! Just recently I enjoyed reading the sweet romance Elusive Mission.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roseanne,

    I got a few goosebumps of my own reading the excerpt. I wouldn't want to know what another person was thinking either. I'd probably imagine they were thinking "she out to lose a few pounds" or "her hair looks like its been fried" or worse. Best of luck with Connections of the Mind.

    http://christymckeewriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews