Thursday, August 16, 2012

Difference between successful people and unsuccessful people~


     You can see that the big difference between successful people and unsuccessful people. Successful people have their goals in mind. They know where they want to go and finally they get there. So you need to start with a target, a destination, and a goal.
     Share Happiness with Others - Celebrate your achievements with your family and friends. Share with them your experiences and they will not only be very happy for you, but will also be supportive of your progress and success.
     Not only do you need to be positive with yourself for this new positive attitude to really take effect, you also need to be positive with others. You have to share your wealth of positivity with the world.
     The best way I’ve found to do this is quite simple and basic: be nice. Be nice to other people, no matter what. Tell someone he or she looks nice today. Tell someone they did a great job on that presentation. Tell your parents or children (or both!) how much you love them and how great they are.
     When someone is feeling down, do what you can to cheer him or her up. Send flowers. Write notes. Don’t gossip. Be kind to all living things. All of these things sound basic enough, but, for someone like me, they didn’t used to come easily.
     In the past, I didn’t wanted to see the good in myself and, therefore, didn’t want to see it in others either. I used to be critical and condescending. Now I strive to be encouraging and supportive. I try not only to treat others, as I would like to be treated, but also to consider how they would like to be treated.
     People appreciate positivity and the more you are sharing it with others, the more you are practicing it and reinforcing it in your own life.

11 comments:

  1. Rita,

    I so agree with you. We should always be reaching back and pulling others up with us, whether in our daily lives or our writing lives.

    The people in the publishing industry who do so are the people who make me feel good at just the mention of their name. They are the ones I always take the time to Tweet, etc, and support however I can, because they showed me how to be successful without being divas.

    Conversely I've met some folks who were full of their own self-importance, and I'll steer clear of them.

    This world can use all the positivity we can generate, and thanks to you and Ginger for being a positive force.

    best,
    Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathryn ... your comments mean a lot to me - and I know they also do to our lovely Ginger.

      Years ago I went to a RWA conference and attended a talk by one of my favorite authors. She was as wonderful as I thought she'd be . . .then she introduced her daughter .. who had her first book just published. What a turn-off. She was so full of herself - and acted like she had published thirty books (like her mother) instead of just one. I would never buy that author's book - because she wasn't warm and receptive. She was such an 'I' person - I found it offensive.

      I still contend - some of the nicest people I've met - and have become dear friends of mine - have been authors and readers. Maybe it's because we write/read about people. We try to understand what makes them tick - why they feel or don't feel, why they care or don't care, why they cry or laugh . . . that makes us more understanding and sensitive. In the long run - that makes us some very nice, warm and loving people.

      Look at the comments we get from you all out there - you take time to 'respond' and you laugh with Ginger and me. You care when we're upset and you respond and give support when we need it ... and you help us celebrate when we're bragging about the good stuff.

      The thanks goes back out to you all, too ... gosh - aren't we just a great bunch of people?!!! :) Rita

      Delete
  2. Words to live by, Rita. And, as you say, they are common sense. But for a lot of us, including me, they aren’t easy words. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So right, Linda... I thought I had answered you ... but I've been going in circles this past week! To be honest common sense yes, easy no - like you said. We all need reminders and support.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely right and true. Thanks for the reminder. There is not enough positive in the world & we have a choice every day as to whether we want to build up or destroy. I think too often we forget the power that our words can have in people's lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love what you said there, Katsmeow. "I think too often we forget the power that our words can have in people's lives." I'd love to add that sentence to my presentation - if you don't mind! Thank you ... Rita

      Delete
    2. You are very welcome to add it! I'm honored.

      Delete
  4. Hi Rita!

    What a great reminder. Being positive is so simple and so rewarding, it's a wonder not everyone does it all the time. Including me! (I'm working on it.)

    Thanks for the great post!

    -Melia
    http://www.meliaalexander.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a continuous work in progress . . . when people start asking, "Are you always in a good mood?" or "You always answer the phone with such energy." You know you are doin' it right. when that happens it's a great reminder to me ... people do notice a positive attitude. Their comments inspire and reinforce my attitude! :)

      Delete
  5. You're welcome, Melina . . . I try to always look at the positive ... and it surprises me when I realize there is so much negativity these days. I guess if we keep reinforcing the positive ... we'll feel good we're doing our part. It's too easy to buy into the negative - and we hate to not be sympathetic when someone is complaining - we just need to find a way to reinforce the positive. I work at it all the time, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, Melia ... where that 'n' came in I don't know! :(

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews