Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wednesday's Woes

Well, so much for the vacation.  We were cruising through the beautiful Sierra's after spending a few days with my son and his darling wife in California and my other Daughter-In-Law called in a panic asking where the water shut off valve was located.  That's never a good sign as a salutation. :)  Seems when she drove into our driveway, water was pouring out the back door.  A pipe had burst inside the downstairs wall (as it turns out, the main water feed for the house) and flooded our downstairs basement (our master bedroom, den, hubby's office, laundry room, closets).  Thank Goodness for my DIL who checked our house and picked up the mail every other day.  Of course, now we're asking why we didn't think to turn off the main valve, but who knew? 

Serve Pro to the rescue.  I haven't had the heart to visit, but a few pictures tell me all I want to know or see.  I'm in our RV outside my son's house, trying to recover from driving home from California with ankles and legs that more resemble an NFL linebacker.  I guess if I'm going to travel, I'm going to have to invest in those lovely compression stockings.  Have I mentioned that growing old is not for the faint of heart?

So, dear friends, I promise that Sunday's blog will be more productive and about something happier.  I keep reminding myself that this too shall pass and is only a bump in the road.  We are truly blessed no matter how much I whine.  :)

Den Floor Before (but under water and you can't tell)

Den Floor sans wood and rug, with blower going

More of the den without floor and looking like a war zone

Thank God for Serve Pro (this is all the carpet padding)

 
 




 

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie... that has to be so hard to see... but the good news in all this - it is still your home. When I hear of a fire . . . and losing everything, I can't imagine. You've had your share lately - I can just see things getting better and better for you and hubby. You have the right attitude! You are in my thoughts and prayers, dear friend. hugs, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a shock for you, Ginger. I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you get back to normal real soon and that what you had of your holiday was refreshing enough to sustain you

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews