Friday, December 14, 2012

Margaret Tanner is Back at Dishin' It Out


ROSES 

Roses are my favourite flower. My husband thinks I am obsessed with them.  I always wear rose perfume, Bush Rose, Musk Rose. The Yardley (English company) Rose is a lovely perfume, as sweet and fragrant as its name sake.

I have to confess that my garden is full of roses. Hubby hates them with a passion because he thinks they deliberately jump out and stick their prickles into him.

I love the old fashioned roses the best. They may not be quite as colourful as the modern day varieties, but they always have a gorgeous perfume.  Just Joey, a beautiful large bloomed orange rose with a delightful perfume is one of my favourites.  Another favourite is a blood red rose named Oklahoma, the perfume is as heady as wine.

It amazes me how often I seem to put a flower in the title of my romance novels, or describe garden scenes. It must have been an instinctive thing because I don’t recall actively trying to do this.

One of my published novels was titled The English Rose. It was revised and published by The Wild Rose Press (TWRP) as Frontier Wife. Holly And The Millionaire is another of my novels published by Books We Love. The heroine, Holly has a daughter called Lilly. Daphne is the name of my heroine in A Mortal Sin, published by Books We Love. I have also written a short story Call Of The Apple Blossom.  

My latest release from Books We Love is Savage Possession, and there is of course, a rose mentioned in this story. The Bonnie Prince Charlie rose, which was a symbol worn during the Jacobite rebellion. In English history, there was also The War of the Roses.
Can you see a pattern here? I love flowers, particularly roses.

SAVAGE POSSESSION
In colonial Australia it took hard men like Martin Mulvaney to tame a harsh land.
A sweeping tale of love's triumph over tragedy and treachery in frontier Australia.
A mistaken identity opens the door for Martin Mulvaney to take his revenge on the granddaughter of his mortal enemy.
An old Scottish feud, a love that should never have happened, and a series of extraordinary coincidences traps two lovers in a family vendetta that threatens to destroy their love, if not their lives.


2 comments:

  1. So, you're a rose gardener, Margay. So interesting. I have the proverbial black thumb.

    Nice blurb. Good luck on the sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorrie,
    Thanks for dropping by. I haven't got a black thumb, but I am not a real green tumb either, somewhere in between I think.


    Cheers

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews