Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Best Advice I've Ever Heard by Jon Gordon

An absolute must share blog.  If you've not read Jon Gordon - you're missing out.  He is a source of great inspiration!  :)  Rita

Dr. James Gills accomplished the remarkable feat of completing two triathlons back to back. Most of the world, including me, couldn't complete one triathlon, never mind two. Yet, Dr. James Gills, a man in his fifties, was able to complete a double triathlon six times.

When asked how he did it, he gave the best advice I've ever heard.

He said, "I’ve learned to talk to myself instead of listen to myself."

He continued, "If I listen to myself I hear all the reasons why I should give up. I hear that I'm too tired-too old-too weak to make it. But if I talk to myself I can give myself the encouragement and words I need to hear to keep running and finish the race."

It's the same way with life.

Too often we listen to ourselves and hear all the complaints, self-doubt, fear and negativity that lead to unhappiness, failure and unfulfilled goals.

But instead of listening to the negative we can choose to feed ourselves with the positive. We can fuel up with words, thoughts, phrases, scripture and beliefs that give us the strength and power to overcome our challenges and create an extraordinary life, career and team.

Just keep running, stay positive, talk to yourself instead of listen to yourself and make sure you celebrate and raise your hands in the air when you’ve reached your destination!

Do you need to talk yourself instead of listen to yourself? If you do feed yourself with encouragement what do you say? Share your thoughts on my blog, Facebook, or Twitter.   -Jon



© The Jon Gordon Companies, Inc - www.JonGordon.com | 904.285.6842 | Info@JonGordon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews