Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sneak-Peek-Sunday with Ginger


Welcome to Sneak-Peek Sunday.  The rules are simple and anyone can participate by visiting the host's site.  Here's how you play along:

1. Sign up in the Linky List for the appropriate Sunday.  The Linky List will go live 12:01AM Monday and will close at 11:59PM Saturday night every week.
2. Post 6 paragraphs (no more, no less) from either a WIP or a published work. The post must be live by 9:00AM Sunday.
3. Open to both un-published and published authors.
4. Post the link back to Sneak Peek Sunday so that others can hop along.
5. HAVE FUN!!

Today, I'm allowing you to peek into Ellie's Legacy, a favorite western historical of mine because I love my sassy, tomboy heroine.  Here she is in a scene in which she's set to prove that her secret shooting lessons have allowed her to "outdo" her pa's ranch foreman.  Will she?  At what reward?  Guess you'll have to read more if you want to know.  (See, that's the great part of peeking...it's supposed to make you want more.)  Have I succeeded?

Here are my six paragraphs:



Ty had already tethered his horse and busied himself setting up a line of cans along a fallen log. Ellie found a stump and sat, her heartbeat sounding in her ears.

He straightened from his task and glanced over at her. “You ready?”

She stood on wobbly legs. “I…I guess.”

“You don’t sound too convincing. We can call the whole thing off if you aren’t feeling sure of yourself.”

Oh, that irritating tone in his voice. Call it off? Not a chance. She could do this—she had to do this. Besides, his attitude was downright insulting. “I’m quite confident about my abilities, thank you.” Ellie spoke through clenched teeth.


She brushed by him and walked toward the target area. With a glance over her shoulder, she feigned confidence. “So how are we going to do this?”

You can purchase any of my books through my Amazon Author's page.

Now scroll back to the logo at the top and click on it to get back for more participants in todays sneak-peeks.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ginger, I downloaded your newest and still want to get A Novel Murder. As you know, I'm a huge fan. Now I'm going to have to download this one too

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews