Thursday, January 9, 2014

IMPROVE YOUR ROMANCE NOVEL by Rita Karnopp

We all know there is a certain something special about romances.  I mean, face it, we all need a little extra romance in our lives – and many reader get that reading books.  I believe even if you’re writing suspense, it still needs that relationship – that romance factor – for the reader to be involved. (My humble, personal opinion of course.)

Your book will be about more than the relationship (romance).  It’s those plots of suspense, intrigue, fantasy, danger, heartbreak, escape, addictions, etc. that develop romantic situations.  We care about what is happening in the story, and we are hoping the hero and heroine, who at the beginning can’t even stand to look at each other, will develop a love interest.  We all love a happy ending, right?

A strong hook – like she’s a nun and he’s a priest, or perhaps one of them is considering leaving their vows and returning to become a layman.  What would the other to think, react, perhaps question his/her own path in life.

Characters need to be faced with personal risk.  You might consider telling the story from the viewpoint of the character that has the most to lose.  If your readers don’t care about or connect with your characters – they won’t care what happens next – they may as well put your book down.  You don’t ever want that to happen.

Consider where your story is taking place.  A meat locker won’t be as interesting or exciting as at a ghost town or vacationing at a hot springs.  Make the setting exciting and interesting and your characters will bring it to life.

Although romantic suspense revolves around that internal conflict, the plot will grow from the actions of your characters.  Don’t let your characters fall into each other’s arms in the first chapter.  The longer you keep them apart and at odds, the more compelling the story will be.  Give them interesting, plausible challenges, but don’t make them so unattainable – the reader won’t believe it.

Write with a fresh voice.  Your core values set you apart from other authors.  Make your voice be your signature.

Let’s not forget that emotion is the essence (the heart, core, spirit, and even soul) of an outstanding, even brilliant romance novel.  The reader wants the hero and heroine to fall in love; that lasting love, that once-in-a-lifetime love.  Falling in love is the most exciting time of a relationship, our readers want to feel, understand, relive their own first love, and believe it’s everlasting by ‘the end.’

Now we come to emotion, which is everything in a well-written romance novel.  The writer must create emotions that stem deep within the characters . . . so deep the reader wonders if he/she will be able to overcome them, accept them, or get past them.  Emotion ensnares our readers and they become invested in the outcome, which means they now care what happens.  Do this with a balance of interior and exterior action.  A fast-paced story filled with intrigue, challenges, and surprises will keep the reader flipping those pages.


Don’t fall into the over-dramatic, the red-herring ending, or plain old coincidence.  Today’s reader is savvy and won’t buy it – they also won’t buy your next book.


9 comments:

  1. Good article, Rita, with points all writers would do well to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, JL...appreciate your comment. :) Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in the United Kingdom.A few months ago,I met a spell caster,Prophet Dr. Pay Back while I was on the internet trying to get a spell to get back my boyfriend.My boyfriend Dylan left me because he met some cute and skinny girl that made him think I was fat.I was devastated for months.I cried so many times and I always prayed for the day Dylan would come back to me.When I met Prophet Dr. Pay Back,I didn't trust him because I had heard a lot about scam and all that but he assured me to put my mind at rest as he wanted to genuinely help me.Something inside of me told me to trust him and I did and now I'm glad I did.In a space of a week after Prophet Dr. Pay Back performed a spell for me,my boyfriend Dylan came back to me and we have been happy together ever since.I believe he can help you too.His e-mail address is Dr. Pay Back,Quick Spells@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in the United Kingdom.A few months ago,I met a spell caster,Prophet Dr. Pay Back while I was on the internet trying to get a spell to get back my boyfriend.My boyfriend Dylan left me because he met some cute and skinny girl that made him think I was fat.I was devastated for months.I cried so many times and I always prayed for the day Dylan would come back to me.When I met Prophet Dr. Pay Back,I didn't trust him because I had heard a lot about scam and all that but he assured me to put my mind at rest as he wanted to genuinely help me.Something inside of me told me to trust him and I did and now I'm glad I did.In a space of a week after Prophet Dr. Pay Back performed a spell for me,my boyfriend Dylan came back to me and we have been happy together ever since.I believe he can help you too.His e-mail address is Dr. Pay Back,Quick Spells@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  5. I want to thank the great spell caster who brought back my husband, my husband left me for another woman for 2years i never thought he Will come back again i did everything i meet many of the spell caster on the net without solution, one day my daughter call my attention to see how temple of solution brought back a marriage that has be stop for over 5years, i told my daughter to forget about him that they are the same people, my daughter keep telling me that we should try him and see if he can bring back her father. one day i decided to reach out to him and told him the story of my life, he said is a little thing to do that in 48hours my husband will come back to the family that he will do everything possible because of my daughter. in less than 25hours my husband came back to the house,we are happy family again. try him you will share the same testimony am shearing today, his contact is quickrevengespell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

  6. My name is Roland, I also want to testify of this great man called Dr. Pay BackQuick Spells. This man of the Quick Spells brought my ex back to me just within 48hours.
    If you also need his help then contact him immediately via email address, quickrevengespell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

  7. All my thanks to Prophet Dr. Pay Back. My ex and I have been back together for two months now. And it's been even better than ever. We've been talking about our future, about moving in together and also getting married soon. Things between us are great. I thank you for helping to bring him back to me!, and in case you want to also contact him for help email address is quickrevengespell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hail, I am High Priest Dr. PAYBACK, and I am the head of this council. My working is one of the most difficult works because it's related to the spirit, the mind and the soul. I've been trained in this field and I am an expertise in this, I am a very spiritual person and my life has been the result of devotion and prayers. I live to help people and that is and was my only goal in life.
    Do you want protection? Are you seeking for spiritual enlightening? I can remove any curse and make your life to be prosper and shiny. Be protected for life. Also protect your loved ones!
    Protection spells - remove curses and hexes - Gain divinity - Spiritual enlightenment (find the meaning of life) - Gain good karma - cleans your aura and much more! www.quickrevengespell.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. How to return your Lost Lover or Retrieve your Lost Lover Using African Spells. +2347030759636





    Many people around the world experience share the universal beautiful moment of love with other people .These people can be called their marriage partners, boyfriends and girlfriends. We all know that when we are in love, we wish that our love could last forever and we don’t want to lose that good feeling so when things turn out not right we resort to other sources or ways to bring back our lost boyfriends or girlfriends. The activity which involves the ways to retrieve/ return a lost lover using super natural forces like herbs( special tree medicine locally called muthi) is called casting an african Lost lover Spell. The African way of spell casting involves use of herbs,oils,special sea water,use of ancient african language and African magic some time know as Black Magic.

    What a magic spell? It’s the act of which involves the use of supernatural forces to help change circumstances in the real world. African Love Spell casting has been in existence for quite a long time in the African society. Kings, Queens, Chiefs and local people always consulted African astrologers, healers, spell casters, fortune tellers or call them PSYCHICS in case their loved ones left them. Not o be forgotten Dr.PayBack, always consulted his Psychic or healer for love spells (muthi )to attract females and also help remove conflicts in his marital life.

    How is the African Magic Love Spell done? The first thing you need to know is that you have to decide if you have really made up your mind about returning your ex lover in your life . Other things you got to take into consideration is :

    i) You should know the Name of your ex lover let it be the surname or nickname.

    ii) Their photo is helpful

    iii) If u want to cast the spell on your own you should have their hair ,clothes or anything small that belongs to them . If you are not casting the african magic lost lover spell on your own, find a powerful trusted spell caster to do it on your behalf. Other materials may also be needed like red flowers, honey and other special African herbs.

    This type of spell can be carried out anywhere at any time of the day let it be in your house, on river banks, temple or shrine. It involves asking all what you want the forces to help you with for instance asking to restore the love your ex lover had for you before you broke up or asking for a second chance from your lover so that you have a permanent relationship forever or whatever you may wish to happen in a relationship.

    NB. The purpose of your requests should be mainly love related. The period for you to see the results also depends on your urgency or what kind of spell raw materials you have used. This Spell has no side effects at all .it should be carried out by experienced spell casters or psychics, if carried out on your own it should be under a good supervision of a well experienced Spell caster or Psychic. Should you wish to change your mind please consult your spell caster.




    This Article was provided from Dr. PayBack, http://www.quickrevengespell.com and it’s copyrighted

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews