Monday, November 2, 2015

Hello



First off, thank you, Ginger, for allowing me to share your blog. Second, Jamie, we'll miss you. You always posted such interesting blogs. I hope I can accomplish half of what you did.






A little about me. Much more later as I like to blog about my life, past and present.


I’m a product of the Midwest. Yep born and raised in Northeast Ohio. I moved to Florida back in October 64. Didn’t stay long, came back to Ohio in May of 65. Guess I’ll always
live here. I’ve no desire to live anywhere else. Visiting, on the other hand, yep, I’d love to visit. In fact, hubby and I are thinking about going down to GA for a month or two next year, provided we can afford it that is.


I’ve been married to the same man for 53 years. We raised six children who married and gave us fourteen grandchildren. Now the grandkids are having children of their own. Time sure passes quickly when you’re having fun. Heck, time passes quickly regardless, and the older I get the quicker it passes. Besides, it’s not always fun.

I was a stay at home mom until my youngest went to kindergarten then I became a school secretary – at their school of course. They weren’t too happy about it, but it worked well for me I was home when they were home and worked while they were at school.

When I turned 50, my youngest child left home to become a truck driver just like his daddy. For the first time in 50 years I was alone in the house. I’d gone from my parents’ home to my husband’s and always had someone in the house with me, even if it was just the kids. I don’t mind telling you, I had a hard time dealing with that. At least for a few weeks. It didn’t take long to get used to doing what I wanted, when I wanted, and how I wanted. I didn’t have to answer to anyone. My time was my own. Oh, my husband, being a truck driver, was on the road. I will say, it took a long time to adjust to being in the house alone at night.

I remember the first time my son came home after being gone for several weeks. He sat in the living room with me, picked up the remote control and turned on the TV. I asked him if he was going out. He said maybe later. I was like, you don’t have to stay home with me. Is it your turn to watch me or something? Of course, he just gave me that look that said he didn’t know what I was talking about.

Since hubby retired, I now share my space with him. For the most part it’s not too bad. He’s often in the office watching what he wants on TV and leaves me to the peace and quiet with my lap top. We do a lot of camping in the summer with and without the kids,
which is fun. We’re hoping to head south for part of the winter, as I said, we’d like to go to Georgia for at least a month. We’ll see how it goes.



My hobbies are quilting and embroidery, especially combining the two. Lately, I’ve been chip carving also. I make a lot of Christmas gifts.

My first novel was published in 2006 and sold 35,000 copies. I don’t mind telling you I was surprised and impressed. I’ve written 14 more novels since then and many short stories.

 Books 1 and 2 of my current series, A Family Affair, are now available from Bookswelove.net They’re also available from Amazon and other online booksellers
To learn more about me and my books check out my website www.roseannedowell.com








7 comments:

  1. Good to see you with Miss Ging. Enjoyed reading the blog post and learning more about you. Best wishes on this new project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roseanne,
    Lovely to find out more about you. I can relate to being home at night on my own. For years my husband worked shift work which included a night shift. That was when I was able to do a lot of writing. Kids in bed, no TV, pure bliss.
    Cheers

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you here sharing Ginger's blog (which I have followed forever) and great to hear about your life.
    Yes, been through the loneliness of living alone and am now used to it after 17 years on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Dishin' It Out, Ro. Great post. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your comments. I eventually got used to the nights alone and like you, Margaret, I spent a lot of time writing well into the wee hours of the morning. Not having to work during the day, and no one around to worry about, I got to sleep as long as I wanted during the day. I think I wrote most of my books during that time. Not that I was interrupted during the day (other than by phone calls), I wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to get to know you a bit better, Ro. As for me, I've always enjoyed my solitude. Maybe that's because I grew up an only child.

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews