Saturday, November 7, 2015

Sunday Snippets with Ginger Simpson #sundaysnips

Today, I'm sharing another sample from my current WIP, Sarah's Soul, releasing next year from Books We Love.  I don't have a cover yet, but I'm plugging along on te story and I hope you enjoy it.

Sarah's  Soul - Excerpt

The phone was ringing when Sarah unlocked the door.  The police had removed the tracking device right after George died so Sarah had had the telephone mounted to the wall.  She left the door open and rushed to pick up the receiver, hoping for good news.  “Hello.”

“You feeling safe, Sarah?”  An eeerie voice turned her blood cold.  The mechanical sound indicated the person obviously spoke through some sort of machine.

“Who is this?” 

Her frantic motions toward the phone grabbed Marie’s attention.

“Someone who plans to finish the job poor ol’ George started.”

“Why?  Do you know me?”  Sarah’s fright drove her determination to discover who wanted her dead.  She put her hand over the mouthpiece.

“Marie,” she whispered. “Phone Daniel on your cell and tell him the calls are starting again.”

“Oh, I know you very well.” Her attention was drawn back to her nightmare.  “Enough to know Marie is still there and most likely calling the police, but they aren’t going to find me by trying to discover where this call originated.  I’m not that stupid.  I won’t call again because you already know George is gone, but I wanted you to know I’m going to make sure to take Sarah’s Soul.  See you soon.”

Sarah hung up and sagged into a dining room chair. “Not again.  Please Lord, not again.”  She lowered her head into her palms to mask her tears.

“There is no bottom,” Sarah straightened and sniffed.  “The man on the phone said he won’t call again because I already know I’m going to die.  There’s nothing Daniel can do. The killer only wanted to torture me with one last call.  Unlike George, he’s through with these ridiculous warnings.

Marie shook her head.  “Daniel didn’t become a detective for nothing.  He’s got skills and he’ll find this guy.  Stop doubting him and trust he has your back.”

“Easy for you to say.  You aren’t the one who’s looking death in the face.” Sarah stood and walked into the bedroom and closed the door behind her.

*******************************

Now...I hope you'll hop on over to the two dear souls who are carrying on this Sunday tradition:


http://yesterrdayrevisitedhere.blogspot.com/ (Juliet Waldron)

Don't forget to come back next week for more Sunday Snippets.


1 comment:

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews