Thursday, October 6, 2016

Are you a Romance Addict? by Becky Barker

Please welcome my friend, Becky Barker, our guest here today at Dishin' It Out! 

Becky and I became friends when we were writing for Kensington/Zebra's Precious Gems Romance line.  This was back-in-the-day when Fabio and John DeSalvo (who appeared on my book cover!) were the undisputed top male models.  

Hi - my name is Becky, and I've been a romance addict since grade school. Honestly. Way back then, I found dated, but never outdated, romantic suspense novels by an author named Emilie Loring. Even though she died before I was born, her family continued to publish her work. I read and loved every one of her books. They were my first "keepers." Her stories were my introduction into a world that would become a lifelong (healthy!) addiction as well as the basis for my writing career.

Another of my loves is western romance. If I can find western suspense, all the better. The best advice I was given as an aspiring author was write what you love to read. I've spent the last few decades following that advice. All of my books are contemporary romances. Most of them have a western theme and a good many of them have elements of mystery or suspense. Despite that declaration, the main focus of all my books is the developing relationship between the hero and heroine.

My latest series, BRIDLETON, incorporates everything I love most about the romance genre. There's a family dynasty, a Texas ranching community, three siblings who adore each other despite their differences, and the perfect mate for each of the Bartell heirs. The titles are ANDREA'S HOMECOMING, CHEY'S COWBOY and ZACK'S RANCH.

                 


Are you a romance addict, too? If so, what author/authors influenced your reading preferences?

 If you'd like a complimentary digital copy for a sample of my work, feel free to contact me at: write@BeckyBarker.com


Hugs, Becky

www.BeckyBarker.com
MailChimp Contest/News
www.Twitter.com/BeckyBarker
www.Facebook.com/BeckyBarker

Becky thank you for blogging at Dishin' It Out!  Readers, please visit Becky's links and download her Western Romances.  Don't be shy, share and tweet our blogs with your friends too!

                                                           

Next week (Friday) our guest blogger is IB Nosey, the Official Unofficial reporter.  All of my readers know IB is my Cyber-Crush. Don't miss out on the fun!  IB is quite a lady's man--it must be his plaid jacket.  Or perhaps, it's the way he handle's that microphone!

Connie

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to visit, Connie! And a big thanks for handling the technical side of the posting. I'm so challenged. LOL!

    Hugs, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky,

    Nice to meet you, and I grew up reading Emilie Loring too. But I was totally hooked on mysteries/romantic suspense so went over to Victoria Holt and Phyllis Whitney.

    Did you read them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Mae - I read both those authors work, but they never appealed to me as much as Loring's style. I've always read for style more than content and it's hard to describe the difference.

    Hugs, Becky

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews