Sunday, May 17, 2020

Poodle Talk -- Puzzles and Other Games 05/17/2020

What are you doing to keep your Poodle Occupied during Stay-Safe-at Home?

My little sweetie is becoming too much of a mind-reader, and her observation abilities, and growing vocabulary  are honed to an almost creepy level.

I rotate her toys so she doesn't become bored (or I grow tired of a particular squeak toy).  This week all pulled out all of her puzzle toys: pumpkin with the three little vampire bats (my favorite), the blue chicken coop with the used-to-be-white chickens (yes I've tried cleaning them with baking soda), the white cookie jar and the heart shaped cookies, the gingerbread house and assorted Christmas items, and several others I can't recall at the moment.


Excited.  Yes, Chanel is sooo excited.  




She is usually very good about occupying herself with her toys.  She runs, jumps, wacks me with her toys and tosses them at me.  

However, disaster always strikes when I'm occupied.  The toys need to be shoved back into the correct puzzle box.  The time I placed the bats in the gingerbread house--well, it got a little ugly!  Or something went under the Lazyboy couch--where no human or dog can reach.

Chanel is now panic barking and herding me to the umbrella stand in the foyer where I keep the plastic hockey stick. 

"Why do you have a plastic hockey-stick?" Everyone on who enters the house asks.  

I know what he/she is thinking, that is the worst protection devise I've every seen.

I explain it's the dog's and leave it at that.

So, back to Chanel.  Hockey-stick in hand, we (me trying to locate items under the furniture) while she supervises (with her head in the way).  Eventually, I am able to unearth the lost item and she bounds in delight.

ZippyPaws Halloween Zippy Burrow Pumpkin with Bats Hide and Seek ...
Hopefully, the temps will be a little cooler this week. Outside play with a bouncy ball her her little swimming pool are more relaxing -- for me.



Happy Poodle Sunday,

Connie




Ephesians 2:8 


For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews