Of course none of these findings are verified by animal behaviorists,
or supported by any Random Poodle Polls.
We had fun sharing the stories, (please post your personal poodle findings in the comment area, if you like 🐩🐩🐩 ).
- Poodle #1 (apricot toy) had to be touching her owner at all times. She was label the Wildest Sleeper. She would wake up and change positions all through the night so she always had physical contact with her owner/mom.
- Poodle #2 (white toy) hogs the bed (taking 3/4s for herself). It's amazing how such a small dog can muscle a human to the edge of the bed.
- Poodle # 3 (white poodle-maltese mix) scootches until he rests against his human/mom's. tummy. He was given the 'gentleman's award).
- Poodle #4 (gray miniature) all 4 paws again his human's back.
- Poodle #5 (multiples) all three poodles sleep touching her. If not, one will wake up the others to re-position the group.
- Poodle #6 (white/tan toy) Yes, this is Chanel. She sleeps (flying superman position) paws on one side of the bed, stretched out with her toenails touching me. Or, sleeps with her head resting on the curve of my shoulder.
Of the 225 comments, pictures, etc. Not one person stated the poodle slept in a 'dog' bed/ kennel, or even at the foot of the bed.
Mind you, several poodles claimed a pillow to rest his/her head upon (probably from a now pillow-less human).
Several poodles snored, others were loud dreams, some twitched, while others complained when his/her human claimed more mattress-territory (me) after spending half the night trying not to slide off the edge of the mattress and land on a pile of discarded toys.
So is your poodle a 'Wild Sleeper", or a "Snuggler"?
Happy Poodle Sunday,
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.’” Hebrews 13:5.