Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hi Everyone, Ginger invited me to gab my heart out for two days so here I am. Thanks, Ginger, for having me.

People have asked when I started writing. It seems I started before dirt was invented. lol. Actually, I wrote my first book in 2002. Prior to that, I never considered writing professionally or at all. The first novel was a romance because I am a true romantic at heart. I struggled to shove it into category romance. Not good. A Silhouette editor at a conference requested the book. She held onto it for a year while two readers combed every page. Of course I was bouncing between elation and fear. I finally received the most beautiful rejection letter. It's framed and sits proudly on my work table. The editor stated my work didn’t fit category romance and strongly advised me to go mainstream. Worked for me!

My favorite genre to write hands down is erotica. The evolving of a love story with a true culmination puts me right into the book. I am no longer a reader, but an actual character in the story. Sounds strange, but I swear I'm not crazy. Oops, that's what we all say here in the asylum. lol.

Yet, the story must have depth. A few explicit grunts and feels won't make me an author and I refuse to have hack chiseled into my tombstone. The characters have to be strong hence the plot becomes more involved.

Now that I've bared my soul, let me share two of my latest releases with you.



BLURB:

Determined to prove herself and shed her party girl image, Donatienne Dubois pins her hopes on the exclusive cooking school in Nice, France. One by one her expectations are shattered by a foul-mouthed parrot, a bogus Michelin chef, and a headmistress with a heart of tungsten steel. Her lifesaver is a bad boy hunk too hot not to handle.
Sebastien Reinard is incognito, hating every minute. To pose as a student while protecting a rich wild child is his version of hell, until he partners with the slice of Crème Brule good enough to eat.
Class takes on a whole new meaning as Doni and Sebastien heat up the kitchen when they discover honey has better uses than sweetening tea.


French TART is a 13,000 word short that packs a punch with humor and graphic sex. Doni is a feisty chick who knows what she wants in life and takes it. Sebastien is the epitomy of man, strong yet caring. The two have a whirlwind relationship that leaves the reader gulping ice water.


Check it out at Eternal Press in the Erotica section.


BLURB:

Francine Daniels doesn’t trust men. Not since two husbands and a con artist ruined her life. After years of struggle – during which she took back control and soared to new heights – there is no place in her plans for a German hottie…Even if she does burst into flames at his touch.

Heicke Brewer already made one disastrous trip down the aisle, and never plans to go that route again. He prefers the parade of international beauties lined up outside his bedroom door to enjoy his ‘satisfaction guaranteed’ reputation…Until he meets an American pixie too hot not to handle.

Francine On Fire is 48,000 words that starts off in Munich, Germany and climaxes in Venice, Italy. Talk about a romantic location. Francine is an older woman with focus. Heicke is the kind of man every woman dreams of. The two are at loggerheads, even in bed, until they achieve a mutual ground of steamy sex and understanding.

Check it out at Aspen Mountain Press.

Please look at my website for more on these and other books. There's also a menu section with complete, easy meals that are scrumptuous.

Feel free to post any questions or comments. I'll check back throughout the day and will definitely see you all tomorrow. Until then...

Happy Writing!

Sloane Taylor ~ Sweet as Honey...Hotter than Hell
French TART www.EternalPress.com.au
Francine on Fire www.aspenmountainpress.com
www.sloanetaylor.com www.myspace.com/sloanetaylor

2 comments:

  1. Sloane,
    Thanks for posting about your wonderful work. I consider 2007 a great year for having met you and building a new friendship. You dah bom!

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too, Ging! May we both be victorious!!

    ReplyDelete

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews