Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Promo Ain't Easy


Ever wonder why most blogs and websites are a never-ending display of pleas for votes or invitations to engage in contests? Simple. Most authors are involved in self-promotion to sell books, and nothing is more effective than speaking up about oneself. If we don't, no one else will. Many of us are with small press who don't have the budget the compete with the 'big dogs' of the publishing industry. The burden of promotion falls to the author, and if you remain silent, you remain invisible.

Trust me, it isn't always easy, especially for those of us who aren't very good at selling ourselves. I feel like the graphic...like I'm always talking to people's backs and my words fall short, but If I don't tell you about my books or contests, or prizes that I'm vying for, how will you ever find out? That's why I blog.

I try to keep my posts interesting and appealing enough to reel folks back, but writing every day and coming up with the right pizazz is a chore. I like humor, so I try to infuse a little every now and then. So far, I think I've managed to retain a few of you. :)

While I realize that you might care less if I'm in a contest for a video trailer, or nominated for special recognition for one of my works, it ultimately falls on you to decide if I win or not. I've never been good at begging, so all I can tell you is that no matter whether you vote for me or one of my peers in a contest or poll, you are recognizing someone's effort and showing your appreciation. Warm Fuzzies are something that we all need from time to time.

And speaking of warm fuzzies: Here's Prissy...
Now that I've got that out of the way. Please head over to The New Covey Awards and vote for your favorite cover and trailer. I have to admit that there are two there that a favorites of mine. *lol* LIke I said, no matter for whom you cast your vote, you'll make someone smile. Pay it forward.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews